Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-20-2023, 09:07 AM   #1
fuscoust
fuscoust began at the beginning.

Device: kindle basic 3 (10th generation)
Unhappy Kt4 JB(failure)

hey guys, i've been in this dilemma for about a day now and i need you help
a year ago i did a jailbreak to my kindle basic 10th generation 5.14.2 and everything was fine but the other day i had a problem with koreader so i reset the kindle and tried to redo everything but something is wrong, i can't update the kindle and the message that pops up everytime i restart the kindle(jailbreak finished) i have to type in search ;uzb every time i want to plug my kindle to the computer, i also can't put my kindle to sleep but everything is working(koreader) i literally did everything and read the whole instructions can you please help me? do i have to delete the .demo file manually?
i did the resell device thing and it's as good as new and did the jailbreak again but to no avail
fuscoust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2023, 02:56 PM   #2
katadelos
rm -rf /
katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K5, KT, KT2, KT3, KT4, KV, PW2, PW3, PW4, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuscoust View Post
hey guys, i've been in this dilemma for about a day now and i need you help
a year ago i did a jailbreak to my kindle basic 10th generation 5.14.2 and everything was fine but the other day i had a problem with koreader so i reset the kindle and tried to redo everything but something is wrong, i can't update the kindle and the message that pops up everytime i restart the kindle(jailbreak finished) i have to type in search ;uzb every time i want to plug my kindle to the computer, i also can't put my kindle to sleep but everything is working(koreader) i literally did everything and read the whole instructions can you please help me? do i have to delete the .demo file manually?
i did the resell device thing and it's as good as new and did the jailbreak again but to no avail
Quote:
Originally Posted by katadelos View Post
Post Jailbreak
  1. After the device has rebooted, type ;uzb into the search bar
  2. Connect the device to a PC and copy Update_hotfix_watchthis_custom.bin to the root of the Kindle storage
  3. Eject the device and either enter ;dsts or swipe down and select the settings icon to enter the device settings menu
  4. Select Update Your Kindle to install the custom hotfix
  5. This will take your device out of demo mode, rebuild the application registry and clean up unneeded jailbreak files.
You followed this part of the tutorial, right?
katadelos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-20-2023, 03:03 PM   #3
fuscoust

Quote:
You followed this part of the tutorial, right?
yes i did, now i just managed to update by using renametobin but now whenever i try to open kual a message pop up “the selected application could not be started. ”
what should i do?
Old 02-20-2023, 06:13 PM   #4
katadelos
rm -rf /
katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K5, KT, KT2, KT3, KT4, KV, PW2, PW3, PW4, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuscoust View Post
yes i did, now i just managed to update by using renametobin but now whenever i try to open kual a message pop up “the selected application could not be started. ”
what should i do?
You need to reinstall KUAL (and possibly MRPI too), use the coplate version from here:
katadelos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2023, 06:19 PM   #5
fuscoust

Quote:
You need to reinstall KUAL (and possibly MRPI too), use the coplate version from here:
i did yes but i don't remember which kual i installed but it's working and i installed koreader and python+ss hack,the problem was in the renametobin
thank you!
Advert