Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

View Poll Results: Will you buy an ebook even if a paper edition is the same or less money?
No, if the paper edition is less, I'll buy the paper edition. It's all about the content. 26 14.86%
No, if the paper editon is less, I won't buy the book on prinicple. Ebooks should cost less. 65 37.14%
Yes, I want an ebook because I want what the ebook format offers me. Paper price is irrelevent. 66 37.71%
Other, please explain. 18 10.29%
Voters: 175. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-28-2013, 10:38 PM   #121
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarana View Post
I buy an ebook because I want that ebook, but not because price is irrelavant. I can usually wait for the ebook to be available at the library or on sale (kobo coupons help a lot). However, if I need it, I need it because it's timely or because it's the next book of a favorite series and I don't wanna wait.
The question wasn't talking about the price of the ebook being irrelevant. it was asking if you feel the price of the paper book is irrelevant if you're shopping for the ebook.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 05:55 AM   #122
Notjohn
mostly an observer
Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I prefer print editions because they have greater value. If it's a great book, I'll put it on the bookshelf. If it's merely a good book, I'll pass it on to someone else (who is likely to pass it on to yet someone else, thus multiplying the effect). I would make an exception if I were stuck on an Amtrak train south of Trenton, or I were in the hospital or needed the book right away.

One of the awful things about e-books I've noticed recently is that often enough I don't know the name of the book or (even more often) the name of the author, because instead of picking up the physical book off the night table, I pick up a generic black-cased Fire tablet, and the book opens to the Furthest Page Read.

"Hey, I just read a great book lately!"

"Really? What was it?"

"Um, I'm really not sure...."
Notjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert