Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-02-2010, 03:15 PM   #1
lissbell
lissbell began at the beginning.

Device: Sony ereader PRS-500
PRS-500 not seen by Adobe Digital Editions--any hope?

Hi,

I've scoured the Net and read many a thread here trying to get ADE to "see" my PRS-500. I've used computers with XP and with Vista. I've installed the new library software. I've checked to make sure there was an entry in my registry with a path for PIM.dll. I've pressed Ctrl-Shift-E with my ereader plugged in to no avail.

The last mentions I've seen online regarding the PRS-500 and ADE were from an Adobe Rep who said the 500 still isn't fully compatible-but this was from a year ago. Have things changed? The PRS-500 is listed as compatible at the ADE site, but maybe this is a half-truth...

The ADE books are fully viewable from my Library, I simply cannot transfer them to the ereader no matter how I try.

Suggestions?

Alternately, if the PRS-500 can't be made to read protected books from ADE, does anyone have a suggestion for an outstanding ereader compatible with ADE that I should consider purchasing?

Thanks,
Liss
lissbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 03:33 PM   #2
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
Do you know if the firmware on your 500 has been updated to read ADE ePubs and PDFs?

PRS-500's did not have this functionality originally but needed to be sent to Sony to have the firmware applied.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-02-2010, 04:03 PM   #3
lissbell
lissbell began at the beginning.

Device: Sony ereader PRS-500
Oh I bet this is exactly the problem. I had no idea this was needed. This is the first I've read about it. Thank you Grooks! I'll be contacting Sony to do this asap.
lissbell is offline   Reply With Quote