Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 07-25-2014, 05:23 AM   #1051
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonatus View Post
I realized that in the "ReadMe" file of the plugin, there is still a guide missing that helps Windows users to create a TGZ archive, in order to enable the plugin's option to KePub hyphenation (see first post).

I would suggest this one:
Spoiler:
How to create .tgz under Windows

The first Stepps are quite simple:

1. Download and install 7-Zip File Manager.

2. Go to usr/local/Kobo/hyphenDicts folder.

3. Right-click on the folder.

4. Select „7-Zip“->Add to archive.

5. In the opening window, under „Archive format“ select „tar“. Let other settings at default..

6. Click „Ok“.

7. Now the .tar archive is created. You find it at the place where you stored the „usr“ folder.

Now, some people recommend to continue by creating a .tar.gz archive, as „.tar.gz“ and „.tgz“ were just the same by different extension names (I'm not quite sure). The way to create such a „.tar.gz“ archive, that you may rename to „.tgz“, would be like this:

1. Go to the .tar folder.

2. Right-click on it, and select „7-Zip“ ->Add to archive.

3. In the opening window, under „Archive format“ select „gzip“. Let other settings at default..

4. Click „Ok“.

5. The .tar.gz archive is created. Find it where the „usr“ folder has been stored.

You might try to use it, as described, as „.tgz“ archive. It may work, or it may not.

I prefer the way to create a genuine .tgz“ archive, but as far as I know, you will need a third party service, such as the free online-tool „Convert.Files“ (http://www.convertfiles.com/convert/...GZ-to-TAR.html). If you decide to join this way, just open the website, upload the .tar archive, and under „output format“, chose „tgz“. Click „convert“. Then download converted archive. Rename it to „KoboRoot.tgz“.

Done.

If you approve it, Joel, you might add it to the "ReadMe".
And just to affirm: .tar.gz and .tgz are the same thing, a GZIP-compressed TAR archive file. So 7-Zip will do the job just fine.
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 08:11 AM   #1052
Leonatus
Groupie
Leonatus substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.Leonatus substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.Leonatus substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.Leonatus substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.Leonatus substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.Leonatus substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.Leonatus substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.Leonatus substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.Leonatus substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.Leonatus substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.Leonatus substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbovenka View Post
And just to affirm: .tar.gz and .tgz are the same thing, a GZIP-compressed TAR archive file. So 7-Zip will do the job just fine.
It should then be possible to copy the archive to the .kobo directory as the created "Koboroot.tar.gz", rather than "Koboroot.tgz". This is but not the common practice. Without any reason?

Btw.: When I simply renamed the .tar.gz to .tgz, the hyphenation did not work properly.
Leonatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 09:14 AM   #1053
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonatus View Post
It should then be possible to copy the archive to the .kobo directory as the created "Koboroot.tar.gz", rather than "Koboroot.tgz". This is but not the common practice. Without any reason?

Btw.: When I simply renamed the .tar.gz to .tgz, the hyphenation did not work properly.
They are internally the same thing, but tools/scripts may look for a .tgz file specifically, so that the same file called .tar.gz will not work. That's not odd at all.

The second issue, however, is. Simply renamimg it should have worked, unless 7-Zip does something odd when gzip-ing a file that your third-party web site does not. That's possible, I guess, but I'd have to look into that.
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 10:49 AM   #1054
Leonatus
Groupie
Leonatus substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.Leonatus substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.Leonatus substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.Leonatus substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.Leonatus substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.Leonatus substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.Leonatus substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.Leonatus substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.Leonatus substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.Leonatus substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.Leonatus substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.

O.k. I'll see it at least at the next firmware update.

To return to the topic: The hyphenate feature of the plugin gives, as far as I can see, only the possibility of updating (and applying) one hyphenation dictionary, in my case, the de-DE dictionary. I'm always wondering if there were a chance of giving an option for updating and applying various hyphenation dictionaries, so that I could, for example, also take advantage of the feature when transferring and reading an english (french ...) book. But, alas, I'm not a developper.
Old 07-26-2014, 01:56 PM   #1055
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person
jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
You can update all the dictionaries at once if you want. But you can't add new ones.
jgoguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 04:18 PM   #1056
Leonatus
Groupie

Ah, thanks! I'll try this!
Old 07-26-2014, 06:52 PM   #1057
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person
jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Oh, and hyphenation doesn't magically start working with the new dictionaries unless you also enable it in the driver settings or the book sets the hyphenation rules itself.
jgoguen is offline   Reply With Quote