Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-21-2010, 07:42 PM   #46
kranu
I <3 my Kindle
kranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

Device: Kindle 3G + WiFi
What is the name for the key for the Five Way Right?

I tried k3_FW_Right following this:

Quote:
{ K3KEY_FW_UP, "k3_FW_Up" }, // 103
{ K3KEY_FW_DOWN, "k3_FW_Down" }, // 108
{ K3KEY_FW_PRESS, "k3_FW_Press" } // 194
but it didnt work

Update: Actually, I figured it out. 'FW_Right' works

Perhaps you could add k3_FW_Right just to avoid confusion and keep the consistency. Thanks!

And here's my little setting to quickly open "google.com" faster than opening the browser through menus

A = #'del' "google.com" 'FW_Right' 'FW_Right' 'FW_Right' 'FW_Right' 'FW_Right' 'FW_Right' 'k3_FW_Press'

If you're not using the K3, you might have to change it a little (the k3_FW_Press especially)

Last edited by kranu; 11-21-2010 at 07:45 PM.
kranu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 12:57 AM   #47
johnskiller
Hacker
johnskiller began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle K3 3g us model
source code please

@h1uke

cannot wait to see the source code and hope other greate things base on your work.

Maybe a chinese/japanese ime?
johnskiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-29-2010, 05:08 AM   #48
h1uke
Zealot
h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.

Device: dxg, k3w,k4nt,kpw
New launchpad release is now available. Please see the 1st page.

Briefly:

- it now supports multiple .ini files containing hotkey sequence definitions. Keep your custom definitions in separate files.
- default hotkey sequence definitions are better organized
- primitive activity and execution feedback indication now presents
- some provisions supporting user custom updates were implemented.
Please see full README for details
- source code is provided, for reference
h1uke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 11:00 PM   #49
kranu
I <3 my Kindle
kranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

Device: Kindle 3G + WiFi
Hey h1uke,

Do you think you could start versioning the launchpad releases? The update files always say 0.0.1 which is misleading, and I can never tell if I have the new or old version without looking at other files.

As for the update itself, I like it. All the previous features have worked, but now there is that new status bar to confirm my actions. No longer do I have to wonder whether or not the Kindle is just being slow or if I did not press the correct key combinations.

I think that the status bar is a great idea that could be utilized across other projects too. For example, if you made it a stand alone file that could be passed arguments, many people would be able to use that for feedback. If somebody created a script to obtain the battery life in a percentage, "status Current Battery Life: $batlife" would display the actual battery life in a percentage at the bottom of the screen. This could be useful for those people wanting percentages, but also for people who want to check the progress of their Kindle charging.

Thanks man! The new update is definitely encouraging.

Last edited by kranu; 12-02-2010 at 11:57 PM.
kranu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 12:35 PM   #50
yecam
Enthusiast
yecam began at the beginning.

Device: BeBook
I just discovered this utility and am wondering if launchpad will work on a US Kindle 2. I don't see any reference to this anywhere in the thread, one way or the other. I have attempted to install launchpad but the hot keys do not seem to work. All I get is the search bar opening up. I am entering shift S rtn in sequence, as an example. Perhaps I am missing something? Launchpad did seem to install itself but I don't see any way to verify this other than trying out some of the key sequences.

Got it to work. I wasn't pressing the key sequence fast enough.

Last edited by yecam; 12-04-2010 at 12:38 AM. Reason: Problem resolved
yecam is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-04-2010, 11:10 AM   #51
h1uke
Zealot
h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kranu View Post
Do you think you could start versioning the launchpad releases? The update files always say 0.0.1 which is misleading
thank you for your suggestion. The update files now say 0.0.1a .
Also, the fbKindle and FBReader actions (see fbreader.ini) now have an "&" appended
which is better when running applications of this kind
Old 12-05-2010, 04:36 PM   #52
Wild Rat
Wild Rat began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle 3 WiFi+3G
If your program by pressing certain keys would swich to intercept keystrokes and their replacement by other characters mode until you press a certain key combination, the result would be an excellent manager of the keyboard for various localisations. Sorry for my English.
Wild Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 04:47 PM   #53
ranza
ranza began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi
Im trying to install the update but it seems to fail every time. Have it been testet with the european version of the Kindle?
(im from Denmark)
ranza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 06:14 PM   #54
h1uke
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranza View Post
Im trying to install the update but it seems to fail every time. Have it been testet with the european version of the Kindle?
(im from Denmark)
it has not been tested on the Eu version, but I can hardly believe that this really matters.

Please provide more details. Are you just installing the latest launchpad build?
Do you have the jailbreak hack installed?
Old 12-22-2010, 02:44 PM   #55
igoresha55
igoresha55 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 1
Hi h1uke,
Is it possible to install this on Kindle1?
Any help are appreciated
igoresha55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 02:59 PM   #56
WS64
WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura / PB Lux 2 / Bookeen Frontlight / Kobo Mini / Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by h1uke View Post
it has not been tested on the Eu version, but I can hardly believe that this really matters.
Works fine on mine.

I doubt there really is a "EU version", especially not for the K3 Wifi.
We just get a different cable here in EU.
WS64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 03:24 PM   #57
h1uke
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by igoresha55 View Post
Is it possible to install this on Kindle1?
to the best of my knowledge, there is no known obstacles... never tried...
Can your unit be "jailbroken"? Does it accept other update packages of other hacks?
Old 12-22-2010, 03:36 PM   #58
igoresha55

Quote:
to the best of my knowledge, there is no known obstacles... never tried...
Can your unit be "jailbroken"? Does it accept other update packages of other hacks?
Well, the only one I tried so far "Kindle 1 Font Mod Tool v0.1", which is working and shows characters properly, however it blocked Kindle Memory and can not save bookmarks, therefore every time I going to read, I need to use a TC or go to location. This is for my parents, and they over 80, they will not be able to use it. Plus i do have many books in FB2 format and I would like to use FB reader or a similar product.
Old 12-22-2010, 04:35 PM   #59
h1uke
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by igoresha55 View Post
Plus i do have many books in FB2 format and I would like to use FB reader or a similar product.
just go ahead and try to install launchpad.
Old 12-23-2010, 02:14 PM   #60
igoresha55

Quote:
just go ahead and try to install launchpad.
Hi h1uke,
I did try it today. However no luck.
When I connect my Kindle, I have 4 Folders.
Kindle
Audible - empty
Documents - Files in azw format, Kindle's Books
Music - empty
System - has 3folders
Browser
NowNow
Search Indexes
I placed launchpad.bin (used K2 Install) under Kindle, Kindle do not see an update, moved it to SD Card, the same result
Any suggestions

Last edited by igoresha55; 12-23-2010 at 02:16 PM.