Notices

Old 01-02-2007, 01:44 AM   #1
Cogito
Reader
Cogito began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 505, 500
Date/Battery? Issue

Date/Battery? Issue

New bookmarks weren’t being placed at the top of the All Bookmark list on my Reader. I didn’t understand until I noticed the new bookmarks were dated 08/07/05. I figured the internal clock was off so I attached the reader to the computer via the usb cable and the time was automatically reset and now bookmarks are added properly to the All Bookmarks list.

Anyone else experience this glitch? The only thing I can think of is the battery was getting low, one bar, two weeks without a charge. I can’t be the only one who was trying to see how long the reader would last on a charge.

Thanks for your help,
Craig
Cogito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 11:40 AM   #2
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Yeah, it's come up a time or two. The deal is that there isn't really an internal clock, it kinda does it by dead reconning or something (I don't think anyone's figured out exactly what's going on). The practical upshot is that if you don't connect to the Connect software for long enough, the Reader loses track of where it is in time, and defaults back to August of '05. Kind of annoying, but not really a problem for what I need.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-02-2007, 12:03 PM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh
Yeah, it's come up a time or two. The deal is that there isn't really an internal clock, it kinda does it by dead reconning or something (I don't think anyone's figured out exactly what's going on).
It's probably a software "timing loop" with a counter that overflows eventually, rather than a hardware timer.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 12:19 PM   #4
Cogito
Reader
Cogito began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 505, 500
Thanks NatCh,
I usually use an SD card to move books from the computer, which wouldn’t allow the date/time to sync. So it’s really not a battery issue.
Glad my Reader isn’t defective, or at least no more defective than others.

And thanks Harry,
Maybe Sony will fix this with a firmware or software update. Have there been updates yet to the Reader?
Thanks again,
Craig
Cogito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 08:12 PM   #5
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
No, no updates yet, but we're hearing some rumours, so maybe not too long.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert