Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 12-09-2009, 04:54 AM   #1
clarknova
Addict
clarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with others

Device: Kindle 2
How's the nook "feel?"

I know one of the key points of the nook is that it's available for play in B&N stores, but since I live in West Jesus (south of B.F. Egypt) it's a moot point for me.

So hopefully someone can describe it's feel to me. The K1, despite being fugly, was amazingly comfortable in my hand. When the K2 came out I fell in love with the aesthetics but felt disappointed by the ergonomics -- it's thin, symmetrical and brushed steel back actually "feels" heavier to me than the K1, even though it is physically lighter.

Is the thicker and plastic-backed nook more comfy to hold like I would imagine?

How about those funky page turn buttons? Are those physical buttons that click or touch sensors with no feedback? Are they easy to press, too easy to press (like the K1), or what?

Thanks for any feedback, and happy reading to those who just got new toys.
clarknova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 07:49 AM   #2
Madam Broshkina
Manic Do Fuse
Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 500, 505, 350, Kindle 3, DXG, nook, Irex DR800SG, iPad
I think that the nook is comfortable to hold and yes there are physical buttons that click. You will not be accidently turning pages.
Madam Broshkina is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-09-2009, 08:34 AM   #3
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
The feel of the nook was reminiscent of the K1 to me from the rubber back. It did feel good in my hands and I do tend to prefer a thicker reader as well. K1 still feels a bit better. That wedge shape was good for me.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote