Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 02-17-2013, 07:48 PM   #31
Razi
Zealot
Razi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Razi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Razi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Razi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Razi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Razi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Razi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Razi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Razi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Razi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Razi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Toshiba E740, Cassiopeia, iLiad, iPad, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura HD
I despise the inferior hardware on ereaders. Touch screen is less responsive and small. Ideally an ereader should have buttons for solid, positive commands for page turns and the reader should take notes on paper instead of trying to underline and highlight with that inferior processing power. Reading on iPad is better but distractions abound as the internet and all the bells and whistles beckon you while you are trying to get your head round Descartes and Kant. Maybe a front lit ereader with buttons or a bar like the one on iRecx iLiad (a thing of beauty!) for page turns and slightly bigger screen and more powerful processor to handle even large pdf files is what we need. All this will make the devices more expensive but what the heck. I can't even read a physical book any more, forgotten how to handle those tomes and they feel awkward and heavy. I still buy loads of them as a result of a lifelong habit but reading them is a thing of the past.
Razi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 10:55 PM   #32
GlenBarrington
Cheese Whiz
GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Tab A 10.1(2019), Pixel 6a.
Old fart, here. . .

I read FAST on everything. I forget it quick too, so how can the researchers do any meaningful tests?
GlenBarrington is offline   Reply With Quote