Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-25-2010, 09:47 PM   #1
clockmaker
clockmaker began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Names of files

I have books which have the following naming convention (converted from file names):

author_name, Title, Series, Series_number

Title, author_name (no series)

author_name, Title, Series (no seriesnumber}

Is there a way to convert them all to the similar name files using Calibre? I tried with regex but it did not work for me. My preferred sequence is

author_name- Title - [, Series - Series_number] [ ] where they exist.

I have tried to look if this type of question has been answered on the forum. If so, I am sorry to ask again.

Thank you.
clockmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 05:02 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by clockmaker View Post
I have books which have the following naming convention (converted from file names)
I'm confused are you trying to add books?

Or are the books already in calibre and you're trying to export them with the given format?

Or are the books in calibre with those funky names and you're trying to somehow bulk correct the titles?
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-26-2010, 08:40 PM   #3
clockmaker
clockmaker began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
books are in calibre with those funky names and I am trying to somehow bulk correct the titles?
clockmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 08:52 PM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by clockmaker View Post
books are in calibre with those funky names and I am trying to somehow bulk correct the titles?
There is no way to bulk convert titles in calibre. The way to correct this would have been while adding the books. Using the Read metadata only from file name feature under Preferences - Add/Save and setting the regex for import.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote