Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 04-26-2009, 01:13 PM   #1
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Sights a Bird (SHORT STORY)

Recently I wrote a story about Paris, and in that story a cat made an appearance. A kitty with no name or purpose. Well the unasked question is now answered, and here we have Zelda, Queen of the Paris night on her first adventure. An adventure wherein she learns a new secret from an old enemy.

This story was in part inspired by an Emily Dickinson poem, from which it takes its name, and from our own Queen Zelda, who the cat was named after

She sights a Bird - she chuckles -
She flattens - then she crawls -
She runs without the look of feet -
Her eyes increase to Balls -

Her Jaws stir - twitching - hungry -
Her Teeth can hardly stand -
She leaps, but Robin leaped the first -
Ah, Pussy, of the Sand,

The Hopes so juicy ripening -
You almost bathed your Tongue -
When Bliss disclosed a hundred Toes -
And fled with every one -

--Emily Dickinson

Quote:
A shadow in amongst shadows, Zelda purred her way to Montmarte and there took a perch upon the Church of Saint Pierre to see the city from above and find her adventure.

AVAILABLE NOW ON FEEDBOOKS IN ALL MAJOR E-BOOK FORMATS

Last edited by Moejoe; 08-20-2009 at 08:11 PM.
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 01:15 PM   #2
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
i can't wait to read this story...
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-26-2009, 03:25 PM   #3
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
I'll be out this afternoon but eagerly waiting to check for it tonight when I get back.

Your stories are like little bites of (dark) chocolate (Belgiam, of course) I savor the reading and smile in remembrance.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 03:27 PM   #4
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
I'll be out this afternoon but eagerly waiting to check for it tonight when I get back.

Your stories are like little bites of (dark) chocolate (Belgiam, of course) I savor the reading and smile in remembrance.
Now I want chocolate If only words were chocolates, and they left out all the ones filled with nougat
Old 04-26-2009, 07:14 PM   #5
Moejoe
Banned

Okay, it's now up on Feedbooks http://www.feedbooks.com/userbook/5305
Advert
Old 04-26-2009, 07:32 PM   #6
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

thank you moejoe ! i can't wait to read it.
Old 04-26-2009, 08:07 PM   #7
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Have downloaded it (and your others) - they are now in the queue to read - thank you
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 02:54 PM   #8
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Wow, another great read I think they are just getting better and better

Loved the little Z kitty and the thought of birdsong being dreams-- wishes made and repeated.

again for sharing.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 02:55 PM   #9
zelda_pinwheel

i loved it too, moejoe. thanks so much for sharing these with us. i'm looking forward to the collection very much.
Old 04-27-2009, 02:58 PM   #10
Moejoe
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
Wow, another great read I think they are just getting better and better

Loved the little Z kitty and the thought of birdsong being dreams-- wishes made and repeated.

again for sharing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
i loved it too, moejoe. thanks so much for sharing these with us. i'm looking forward to the collection very much.

I'm glad you enjoyed the story, both of you These stories are all just playing about, seeing where an idea might go or not go, experiments for the most part. They're never plotted, nor do I have any real idea where they might end up, or how I get there With this one I just sat down and wrote about the cat heading out into Paris, before I'd typed a few paragraphs the bird arrived and, well the rest just wrote itself.

Oh, and thanks again for taking the time to read my little fancies

Last edited by Moejoe; 04-27-2009 at 03:02 PM.
Old 04-27-2009, 04:01 PM   #11
netseeker
sleepless reader
netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, PB 360° & 302, nook wi-fi, Kindle 3
Yeah, another great read. Thank you.

PS: Finally i've found the time to really test the Dester Lent Plot. First short story based on it isn't finished yet but it works quite well until now.
netseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 04:03 PM   #12
Moejoe
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by netseeker View Post
Yeah, another great read. Thank you.

PS: Finally i've found the time to really test the Dester Lent Plot. First short story based on it isn't finished yet but it works quite well until now.
Cool, I'm glad Dent is working out for you I know after reading his outline, fiction became a lot easier to understand for me. Oh, and glad you enjoyed the story too
Old 04-28-2009, 04:21 AM   #13
columbus
Wizard
columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Prs 650, 505
Yet another excellent read Moejoe!
Thanks for sharing this. I always enjoy short stories.

There are times in the day when a bite is more than a meal - keep them coming please.
columbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 07:50 AM   #14
Moejoe
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by columbus View Post
Yet another excellent read Moejoe!
Thanks for sharing this. I always enjoy short stories.

There are times in the day when a bite is more than a meal - keep them coming please.
Thanks for reading and also enjoying Don't worry there's plenty more to come. I write about 3 - 4 short stories a week on average
Old 04-28-2009, 07:53 AM   #15
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moejoe View Post
Thanks for reading and also enjoying Don't worry there's plenty more to come. I write about 3 - 4 short stories a week on average
excellent news.