Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-11-2009, 02:02 AM   #1
snape
Language Lover
snape knows who John Galt is.snape knows who John Galt is.snape knows who John Galt is.snape knows who John Galt is.snape knows who John Galt is.snape knows who John Galt is.snape knows who John Galt is.snape knows who John Galt is.snape knows who John Galt is.snape knows who John Galt is.snape knows who John Galt is.

Device: Current: PRS-350, Kindle PW // Previous: PRS-505, Kindle 1, Kindle 2
This light works great for me

Pairing the Kindle (either 1 or 2) with a standard-sized LightWedge book light has been the perfect combination for me. The LightWedge casts just the right amount of light onto the screen, without any glare or reflection. In fact, I like using it with the Kindle even more than a regular book, because I don't have to move the Wedge every time I turn the page - with the Kindle, everything stays in place and I just press the "next page" button. Brilliant!
snape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 02:08 AM   #2
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Cool. Could you post a pic or two showing how the wedge fits on/with the Kindle? Is it ackward to hold it and the Kindle?

Those wacky Light Wedge folks said they were working on a light for the Kindle and nearly a year later... nothing.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-13-2009, 04:26 PM   #3
DaisyMama
DaisyMama began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Thanks for the tip! A picture would be great!
DaisyMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 10:33 PM   #4
giedre
Connoisseur
giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Sony 500,505, Kindle, 1150
If they would make a light wedge cover just like they did for the Sony reader that would really make my day!
giedre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 02:03 PM   #5
KindleKat
Connoisseur
KindleKat began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Hmm, i'll have to give this a try
KindleKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-18-2009, 07:58 PM   #6
Old Man
Old Man has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Old Man has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Old Man has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Old Man has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Pictures would be nice. I am looking for a good reading light for my K2. Something that attaches to the Kindle itself, not a cover. I read on K2 without a cover although I do use a cover for transportation.

Any ideas?

HAPPY READING!!!
Old Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 08:01 PM   #7
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by snape View Post
Pairing the Kindle (either 1 or 2) with a standard-sized LightWedge book light has been the perfect combination for me. The LightWedge casts just the right amount of light onto the screen, without any glare or reflection. In fact, I like using it with the Kindle even more than a regular book, because I don't have to move the Wedge every time I turn the page - with the Kindle, everything stays in place and I just press the "next page" button. Brilliant!
Yeah, I started using a Lightwedge (paperback sized) with my K1 a few weeks ago.

It works fine, and I find that it gives the screen some added protection when I have them both tucked in my zippered case.

It's not a perfect fit ... but it does not cause the glare on the screen like a standard book light, and it gives me plenty of light to see the page.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 08:09 PM   #8
InlawBiker
Connoisseur
InlawBiker will become famous soon enoughInlawBiker will become famous soon enoughInlawBiker will become famous soon enoughInlawBiker will become famous soon enoughInlawBiker will become famous soon enoughInlawBiker will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle 1.0
I use the 'paperback' model Lightwedge with my K1. It's not ideal but it works. The paperback model is just a bit shorter than the Kindle itself and a little wider.

Anyway I've found it works in two ways. Keeping the K1 in the leather cover:

1. Wedge the Wedge (haha) light-edge first into the two holder tabs to the left of the Kindle. So the spine of the Lightwedge is to the right. This can work, but sometimes slips out of the tabs. It also blocks the page-back button, and make access to the Next Page button a little harder.

2. My preferred method, open the Kindle cover and just prop the Lightwedge up on the left-hand inside cover. The Wedge illuminates the Kindle's face enough to read by and doesn't cover the Kindle at all.

The real ideal would be a custom cover like the Sony PRS-505 has.

Greg.
InlawBiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 02:21 PM   #9
MoboHobo
Banned
MoboHobo began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 1
Same request from me regarding pics... if possible.
MoboHobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 06:20 PM   #10
Old Man
Old Man has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Old Man has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Old Man has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Old Man has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

I emailed Lightwedge last night about a Lightwedge for the K2. i received a reply today from Anna at customer service saying that this is on the design team's list to consider for 2009. If enough of those who would like one would email them maybe it will get done.
Old 03-19-2009, 10:24 PM   #11
AuPhinger
Aficionado
AuPhinger began at the beginning.

Device: Rags to Riches - K1, K2, 500
Good idea, Old Man, I also wrote them. Here's their email addy; also, here's a link to a picture.

http://www.biggerandbrighter.com/lig...FSQMDQodV3ew7A
AuPhinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 12:17 AM   #12
fugazied
Wizard
fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iPod Touch
Woh, I'd never seen one of those lights before. They look great!

Just found out Amazon sell them as well.
fugazied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 06:53 PM   #13
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
I bought the Verilux one and I was very disappointed. The clear acrylic had a few tiny bubbles and it seemed to me that it lessened the contrast.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 09:26 AM   #14
kyliedork
Connoisseur
kyliedork doesn't litterkyliedork doesn't litter

Device: kindle
yeah, i got my light from amazon on friday.
kyliedork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 06:57 PM   #15
Old Man

kyliedork, which light did you get? Was it a Lightwedge or something else? How is it working for you?