Notices

Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2014, 08:59 AM   #136
Keltia
Keltia began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Lux 3 / iPad Mini retina/iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRiker View Post
It's possible that the update hasn't been refreshed in calibre's cache.

You can try downloading and installing the plugin manually by referring to How do I install a plugin manually? in this post.

G
Thanks, manually worked. Maybe an issue in Calibre so that it does not update the cache...
Old 04-14-2014, 07:33 PM   #137
tfwarner
tfwarner began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Air 2
Problem with new update.

Just download new update and it has disabled everything now. Removed plugin and tried to re-install but getting the following error. Thanks for any help.

calibre, version 1.18.0
ERROR: Install Plugin Failed: A problem occurred while installing this plugin. This plugin will now be uninstalled. Please post the error message in details below into the forum thread for this plugin and restart Calibre.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/dialogs/plugin_updater.py", line 711, in _install_clicked
File "site-packages/calibre/customize/ui.py", line 375, in add_plugin
File "site-packages/calibre/customize/ui.py", line 53, in load_plugin
File "site-packages/calibre/customize/zipplugin.py", line 211, in load
InvalidPlugin: The plugin at /var/folders/0p/fygjd6px7hncwfjgzy46kndc0000gp/T/calibre_1.18.0_tmp_zFw9Bf/jTEgNf.zip needs a version of calibre >= 1.29.0
Advert
Old 04-14-2014, 07:37 PM   #138
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
That error message is telling you that the plugin requires version 1.29 of calibre (or later), and that you are running version 1.18.

G
Old 04-15-2014, 05:08 AM   #139
mlnsmnvc
mlnsmnvc began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
Is it possible to transfer (sync?) modified (annotated) PDFs back to Calibre? Fetch annotation is disabled, guess it doesn't work with PDFs..

Sorry if this was already discussed, couldn't find it in the prev 10 pages.
Old 04-15-2014, 05:13 AM   #140
GRiker
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

If you are using GoodReader for PDFs, you can use the Annotations plugin to transfer annotations to a custom column.

In GoodReader, you have the option of saving annotations directly to the PDF. If you select that option, you could then add the book from GoodReader back to your calibre library with the annotations embedded in the PDF.

G
Advert
Old 04-15-2014, 05:01 PM   #141
Nancybny
Nancybny began at the beginning.

Device: marvin on ipad
I keep getting this error when trying to install this plug in to Calibre for Marvin - can someone help? Thanks!

File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/dialogs/plugin_updater.py", line 711, in _install_clicked
File "site-packages/calibre/customize/ui.py", line 379, in add_plugin
File "site-packages/calibre/customize/ui.py", line 539, in initialize_plugin
InvalidPlugin: Initialization of plugin Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages/calibre/customize/ui.py", line 533, in initialize_plugin
File "calibre_plugins.ios_reader_apps.__init__", line 886, in initialize
File "calibre_plugins.ios_reader_apps.__init__", line 1175, in _get_connected_device_info
InitialConnectionError: Unable to connect to iDevice
failed with traceback:
File "site-packages/calibre/customize/ui.py", line 533, in initialize_plugin
File "calibre_plugins.ios_reader_apps.__init__", line 886, in initialize
File "calibre_plugins.ios_reader_apps.__init__", line 1175, in _get_connected_device_info
InitialConnectionError: Unable to connect to iDevice
Old 04-15-2014, 05:04 PM   #142
Nancybny

never mind - got it!!
Old 04-15-2014, 05:14 PM   #143
GRiker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancybny View Post
never mind - got it!!
I'm happy that you resolved it - for the benefit of others, what did you do to fix the problem?

G
Old 04-18-2014, 09:46 AM   #144
Nancybny

I had two devices attached to my laptop - once I removed one of the devices, the plugin loaded with no problem...
Old 04-25-2014, 06:01 PM   #145
Keltia
Keltia began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Lux 3 / iPad Mini retina/iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancybny View Post
I had two devices attached to my laptop - once I removed one of the devices, the plugin loaded with no problem...
I have seen this before, the plugin only works with only ONE device connected yes. I should have reported that.
Old 04-25-2014, 06:09 PM   #146
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keltia View Post
I have seen this before, the plugin only works with only ONE device connected yes. I should have reported that.
Actually I think it's calibre itself that only supports a single attached device at a time.
Old 04-30-2014, 04:27 AM   #147
Nemrod
Nemrod began at the beginning.

Question

Hi,

I tried to sync my library yesterday but it doesn't work.

Calibre is loaded, my iPad / Marvin is recognized in Calibre but when i try to sync my library i get the following result :
http://i57.tinypic.com/168zvcn.jpg

Any idea ?

Thanks

Last edited by Nemrod; 04-30-2014 at 04:29 AM.
Old 04-30-2014, 06:39 AM   #148
GRiker

Perhaps you could explain the issue. How is what happens different from your expectations?

G
Old 04-30-2014, 06:42 AM   #149
Nemrod
Nemrod began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRiker View Post
Perhaps you could explain the issue. How is what happens different from your expectations?

G
Of course, there is no sync.
Old 04-30-2014, 07:17 AM   #150
GRiker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemrod View Post
Of course, there is no sync.
When you said earlier that your iPad/Marvin was recognized in calibre, there's no evidence of that in the screen shot you posted.

The most likely cause is that you haven't started the calibre connector in Marvin, or you have more than one device connected.

If you're still having a problem, please visit the plugin's GitHub issue tracker. Review the instructions in issue #1, 'Creating a new issue'. Follow the steps to create a debug log, and add that to a new issue.

G
Closed Thread