Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-13-2012, 04:17 PM   #46
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeebra View Post
The blacks look way blacker on the new device from that picture.
Yes they do, just like in the photo attached by @aceflor.
Old 09-13-2012, 04:51 PM   #47
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Did you return it after all or decide to keep it? I love the black. It's prettier, feel more nice in my hands and on my unit the contrast is very good.

I would exchange it for the newer one. Seeing you are still in your 30 day window you should have no problems getting upgraded and $10 back on it.
I did receive a $10 refund, shipping it back using a forwarder would in the end cost too much, not worth the hassle, besides this one is registered at the UK Amazon and has already paid for itself through some amazing bargains. One $12 book was a measly 20p.
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-13-2012, 06:44 PM   #48
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeebra View Post
The blacks look way blacker on the new device from that picture.
Especially the bezel
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 07:01 PM   #49
david8866
Zealot
david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Blossom, do you still have K3? A possible side by side photo? Thank you.
david8866 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 07:40 PM   #50
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by david8866 View Post
Blossom, do you still have K3? A possible side by side photo? Thank you.
Here you go! You wont see much difference in this due to the contrast and screen are very similar but when looking at them side by side from the naked eye you can tell that K4B has a cleaner screen and slightly blacker text. My K3 has a different glass finish on it too the K4 is more Matte.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02638.JPG
Views:	516
Size:	322.8 KB
ID:	92324   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02651.JPG
Views:	748
Size:	172.3 KB
ID:	92326  

Last edited by Blossom; 09-13-2012 at 07:43 PM.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-13-2012, 07:55 PM   #51
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
Congratulations Blossom! So glad you're so happy with it. It looks awesome in the pics! I'm on Kindle Paperwhite watch - can't wait!
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 07:57 PM   #52
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklemotion View Post
Congratulations Blossom! So glad you're so happy with it. It looks awesome in the pics! I'm on Kindle Paperwhite watch - can't wait!
Me too! That's going to be my bedtime reader. I use the Kindle Fire now but sometimes my eyes are just too tried to deal with a LCD and I read that reading on one before bedtime is not good for sleeping habits.
Not to mention I am sick of dealing with missing covers and sync issues.
Old 09-13-2012, 07:59 PM   #53
hidari
MR Drone
hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360+, Huawei MP5, Libra H20
Interesting....Blossom...Actually I prefer the grey background of my erreaders, my 350, pb360, and my OPUS....but then again I also have grey backgrounds for office libre, firefox etc... i find the white/black contrast annoying to the eyes...maybe the new kindles will convert me..
hidari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 08:07 PM   #54
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by hidari View Post
Interesting....Blossom...Actually I prefer the grey background of my erreaders, my 350, pb360, and my OPUS....but then again I also have grey backgrounds for office libre, firefox etc... i find the white/black contrast annoying to the eyes...maybe the new kindles will convert me..
I didn't think the Sony 350 had a grey background? We are talking two colors similar to each other. My K4S has a grey background with almost black text. If the text was black it wouldn't be a real issue but I read in low lighting. What really bothered me was the dinginess of the background. The K4B doesn't have this.
Old 09-13-2012, 08:16 PM   #55
spindlegirl
Wizard
spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra h20, Paperwhite 2017, Phone & Tablet w Moonreader
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post

I'm love my new Kindle!
Have fun! I wouldn't get any sleep if it were me!
spindlegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 10:17 PM   #56
haydnfan
Guru
haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 4, Oasis 2
I am surprised and have to admit it's no optical illusion due to the bezel, it really is a better screen and even better than the K3! If the paperwhite wasn't coming out in 2-2 1/2 weeks I would pick up one of the new K4's as well.
haydnfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 12:52 AM   #57
wrenn1
Addict
wrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchfork

Device: Kobo
Thank you for going to all this trouble Blossum. I was taking your word for your experience from your first post but it was good of you to try to show what you are experiencing. I like my Kindle 4 but would like it to be a bit lighter so I am ordering the new one. Thanks so much for your information. It was really helpful.
wrenn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 02:46 AM   #58
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrenn1 View Post
Thank you for going to all this trouble Blossum. I was taking your word for your experience from your first post but it was good of you to try to show what you are experiencing. I like my Kindle 4 but would like it to be a bit lighter so I am ordering the new one. Thanks so much for your information. It was really helpful.
I hope you get a good one like I did! I know eInk can vary but I am happy Amazon listened to all feedback from frustrated Kindle users.

Now I know I am picky than most which is why it probably bothered me more than most people but now I'm happy with my Kindle. I bet the PW will be even better.
Old 09-14-2012, 02:47 AM   #59
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by haydnfan View Post
I am surprised and have to admit it's no optical illusion due to the bezel, it really is a better screen and even better than the K3! If the paperwhite wasn't coming out in 2-2 1/2 weeks I would pick up one of the new K4's as well.
Get them both.
Old 09-14-2012, 02:57 AM   #60
Masa.F
Masa.F knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Masa.F knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Masa.F knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Masa.F knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Masa.F knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Masa.F knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Masa.F knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Masa.F knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Masa.F knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Masa.F knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Masa.F knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: none
I am waiting for the KPW to be shipped in October right now but the photos make me consider to try the $69 Kindle as it seems the KPW doesn't have much better contrast.
I really hope they make screen quality more consistent so that everyone can be happy.
Masa.F is offline   Reply With Quote