Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-19-2012, 01:52 AM   #46
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
I want a front lit Kindle, I have the Touch wifi and wished I got a 3G one so that's what I am getting with the next one I buy. Saying that I will have to wait until its released in the UK as I want to get it from Amazon as if it isn't as good as I expect I will have no hesitation in returning it. If i ihave to wait an extra 6 months (like we did with the touch) then I will, but I won't be happy. Europe should not be treated like a second class citizen.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 06:09 PM   #47
TongueTied
Zealot
TongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
Well, B&N have now announced they will open their UK site and start selling the Simple Touch and Simple Touch Glow in the UK in mid October. So, if Amazon doesn't get its act together, they will lose a chunk of that market as well! It really seems that Amazon's marketing people are really behind the 8 ball. They are many months behind B&N on the front lit display and now they have been preempted in the UK market. What's next?

One thing I noticed in the article on Engadget that was odd was that the press release from B&N says that the front light is patented. Maybe that is the problem; how do they get around the B&N patent.
TongueTied is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-21-2012, 04:18 PM   #48
ersott
Evangelist
ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paperwhite2, Ipad Air, Kobo Aura H2o
M-edge preparing for new kindles...

http://app.medgestore.com/promos/newamazondevices.psp
ersott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 05:26 PM   #49
TongueTied
Zealot
TongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
Just saw on Engadget that Amazon is holding a press conference on Sept 6.
TongueTied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 08:31 AM   #50
Zeebra
Evangelist
Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by TongueTied View Post
Just saw on Engadget that Amazon is holding a press conference on Sept 6.
Cool, finally some real news. Looks like the new products are arriving!
Zeebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert