Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 11-05-2011, 06:24 PM   #1
ruralman
ruralman began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo touch
Screen Lock Password

Has anyone set a password for the screen lock? The Vox user guide doesn't cover this and I want to know that it works before I muck around. Thanks
ruralman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 06:42 PM   #2
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Optimus One (2.3), Nexus 7 (4.2)
Well I would think it's the same for all Androids.

So on my phone I go into settings/security/screen lock (or something very close to that) once you are in the screen lock area you can chose between having no screen lock (What you have right now) or connect the dots screen lock, password, or pin code.

If you want to back to having no screen lock just go back to the screen lock options area and select "No lock"
The Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-05-2011, 06:55 PM   #3
jefftheworld
Groupie
jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: Kobo, Kobo Vox
Yeah, the lock screen works perfectly well in all configurations I've tried. It's perfectly safe to enable as long as you don't forget your password/pin/pattern.
jefftheworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 08:18 PM   #4
TonyToews
Evangelist
TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox and Glo
I love the pattern. Easy to remember and faster than the keyboard. You can also go diagonally, a long diagonal (say from bottom left to top centre button) or even around the center button just to be difficult.

Last edited by TonyToews; 11-05-2011 at 08:21 PM.
TonyToews is offline   Reply With Quote