Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook > PocketBook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-29-2011, 01:12 PM   #1
mffl
mffl began at the beginning.

Device: PB902
*Update()

hi guys,

anyone has an idea what's the difference between these sdk functions?

void FullUpdate();
void SoftUpdate();
void FineUpdate();
void DynamicUpdate();

thanks
mffl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 04:59 AM   #2
review
Addict
review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.

Device: 903
Hi mffl and welcome to the forum,

I wondered what the differences were as well, a while back but its pretty straight forward. I haven't done much programming on the pocketbook in recent months so I just recall things from the top of my head...

the e-ink displays have a ghosting effect if you dont flash them first to the inverse colour you want to set. If you run a "fullupdate" it will make a full screen refresh, flashing first mainly black and then to the desired pattern. However, that is rather annoying if you want to have something like a progress bar as in one of my apps.

The differences between soft, fine and dynamic are (without knowing now which is which, but you can easily write a small app to test it): one is without antialiasing, one just flashes the local area black and white and one just doesnt invert the screen at all, leading potentially to ghosting effects.

As I said, this is all from the top of my head. I can look it up when I get home if you still cant figure out which mode to use.

review
review is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-01-2011, 01:07 PM   #3
MartinZ
Zealot
MartinZ doesn't litterMartinZ doesn't litter

Device: PB903, PB603
Hi review,

thanks for info (i did not ask, but i wondered as well...)

could you perhaps write down such good knowledge somewhere in a Wiki (isn't there one?). I would add my own experiences there as well (though I believe i haven't got so far than you so far.)

MartinZ
MartinZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 03:27 PM   #4
pbmaniac
Enthusiast
pbmaniac knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'pbmaniac knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'pbmaniac knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'pbmaniac knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'pbmaniac knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'pbmaniac knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'pbmaniac knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'pbmaniac knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'pbmaniac knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'pbmaniac knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'pbmaniac knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: PB Pro 903, F/W 2.1.3=>downgraded to 2.1.2-fastdrv because of WIFI-bug
Updating modes

One of them updates the whole page (after clearing the page first, which results in a black flashing page), another one just updates the whole page but without clearing it first (so that you will se some ghosting effects).

Besides that, there are two more modes: one that is used for updating e.g. only a certain specified region of the screen which only contains two-colored (b/w) items (e.g. menu elements). (This should be the fastest one)
And - finally - there is one more mode which does the same as the third one does, except that it updates the specified region for greyscale items (4 bit color).
pbmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote