Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 11-23-2012, 04:25 AM   #346
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
It is actually at 55 deg 30 min N.
At the southern entrance to Alaska.

Thank you Google Earth.
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 04:27 AM   #347
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumabjorn View Post
It might even be 55 deg N
brrr... you're getting colder
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-23-2012, 04:36 AM   #348
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

A little over 8 deg C
In your funny system that is called the mid 40's
Old 11-23-2012, 04:51 AM   #349
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
A little over 8 deg C
In your funny system that is called the mid 40's
Notice how I used your funny system when I inquired? I still don't have the hang of Celsius yet. I have a firm grip on the rest of the metric system, even though we still don't use it here.
Old 11-23-2012, 05:00 AM   #350
SusanJ
Enthusiast
SusanJ has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kindle for PC
Amazon UK has the basic Kindle Fire for £99 for a limited time today - it's normally £129 for that model.
SusanJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-23-2012, 05:20 AM   #351
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Notice how I used your funny system when I inquired? I still don't have the hang of Celsius yet. I have a firm grip on the rest of the metric system, even though we still don't use it here.
Yeah, I noticed, very proud of you.
Centigrade, or Celsius from its inventor Anders Celsius, is fairly simple, it goes from zero, water freezing, to 100, water boiling. Body temperature is 37 deg, so a nice balmy day is somewhere between 20 - 25. Below 10 and it is chilly, below zero and it is, literally freezing.
Old 11-23-2012, 05:26 AM   #352
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
How's those BF deals going for everyone??
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 05:29 AM   #353
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic

Not very good. So far I can\t find anything that will be shipped overseas. I was having high hopes for some 32 GB microSD cards.
Old 11-23-2012, 05:31 AM   #354
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Yeah, I noticed, very proud of you.
Centigrade, or Celsius from its inventor Anders Celsius, is fairly simple, it goes from zero, water freezing, to 100, water boiling. Body temperature is 37 deg, so a nice balmy day is somewhere between 20 - 25. Below 10 and it is chilly, below zero and it is, literally freezing.
Wow! He was a Sweden guy. I didn't know that.

Did he ever go shopping on Black Friday? (gotta keep my thread on topic, doncha know)
Old 11-23-2012, 05:44 AM   #355
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic

Quote:
Wow! He was a Sweden guy. I didn't know that.

Did he ever go shopping on Black Friday? (gotta keep my thread on topic, doncha know)
I don't think Thanksgiving is a holiday outside USofA, hence BF (isn't that considered offensive?) isn't exactly available either.
Old 11-23-2012, 05:44 AM   #356
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
How's those BF deals going for everyone??
Got me a 32GB Nexus 7 for $230, a Roku HD for $40, and a Gumdrop case (Kindle Fire) for $10. Gonna get some 32GB SanDisk Ultra mSD cards at Costco today for $16 each.

I wanted a Nook Simple Touch from Sears for $40, but it's in-store only; and I refuse to go the mall on Black Friday. Way too crowded and parking will be a nightmare. So I'm passing on it.

I also wanted a Chromebook ($249). Best Buy had initially planned to sell it for $199, but the ad mysteriously disappeared. So I'm passing on this one too. I'll pay $199 for it, but not $249.

The Nexus 7 was my number one goal and I got it. So overall, it was a success for me.
Old 11-23-2012, 05:51 AM   #357
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
I don't think Thanksgiving is a holiday outside USofA, hence BF (isn't that considered offensive?) isn't exactly available either.
Canada has a Thanksgiving, but they celebrate it in October. They're a bit off-kilter.
Old 11-23-2012, 05:56 AM   #358
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

And now for some fun videos

Don't you wish you were there?

Old 11-23-2012, 06:04 AM   #359
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Not very good. So far I can\t find anything that will be shipped overseas. I was having high hopes for some 32 GB microSD cards.
Couldn't someone mail some to you in an envelope? Would your Customs scan the letter and confiscate it or hit it with import fees or impose a VAT?
Old 11-23-2012, 06:10 AM   #360
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
And now for some fun videos

Don't you wish you were there?

Wow! That looks like fun!

I'd say the sellers have got them right where they want them.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote