Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 05-23-2004, 04:33 AM   #1
Colin Dunstan
Is papyrophobic!
Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Dell Axim
SpamBayes: Fight Spam now!

The free SpamBayes project is working on developing a Bayesian anti-spam filter, initially based on the work of Paul Graham. The major difference between this and other, similar projects is the emphasis on testing newer approaches to scoring messages. While most anti-spam projects are still working with the original graham algorithm, we found that a number of alternate methods yielded a more useful response.

SpamBayes is available as an Outlook add-in version, as well as stand-alone software for Unix/Linux, and as a server application for Mac OS X and Mac OS 9.

My inbox folder, previously spammed to death, looks already much better since installing this little tool.
Colin Dunstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 07:39 PM   #2
GeorgeCZ
GeorgeCZ began at the beginning.

Antispam on my Nokia N80

Hi, I have a question - can you translate SpamBayes to smartphones with Symbian OS? My inbox is still full of spam :-( I´m used standard email application on Symbian for working with mailboxes. Can you help me please? Very thanx for your answer... GeorgeCZ
GeorgeCZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-23-2006, 04:13 AM   #3
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I am pretty sure a bayes spam solution would be an overkill for today's Symbian smartphones. Instead, you should be looking for an on-server solution like SpamAssassin that tags spam before it hits your inbox.
TadW is offline   Reply With Quote