Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 12-01-2012, 09:08 PM   #1
dkperez
Groupie
dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nine
Putting books in author folders on Nexus 7

I'm not sure if this is a Calibre question or what...

I have a Nook Color and when books are downloaded from Calibre they go into folders by author.

But, when I download them to the Nexus, they all go into a single folder.

Do I need to set something up in the device or somewhere so downloads go into folders by author?
dkperez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 09:17 PM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkperez View Post
I have a Nook Color and when books are downloaded from Calibre they go into folders by author.

But, when I download them to the Nexus, they all go into a single folder.

Do I need to set something up in the device or somewhere so downloads go into folders by author?
I just responded to a similar question on another thread.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 11:12 PM   #3
dkperez
Groupie
dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You did indeed. My search didn't turn that one up...

All fixed now, thanks.
Old 12-01-2012, 11:22 PM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
You did indeed. My search didn't turn that one up...

All fixed now, thanks.
Glad you got it fixed. You wouldn't have found my post in a search it was literally posted 15 minutes prior to you opening this thread.
Old 12-02-2012, 09:44 AM   #5
dkperez
Groupie

Y'all in here and many of the other forums are an incredible source of information and solutions. Saves people like me a lot of time fumbling around!
Old 02-07-2015, 07:13 AM   #6
dkperez
Groupie

Sorry to drag up this old thing AGAIN, but I've got something goofed up with the "Send to Device"...

I HAD Calibre set up so it put my books within an author folder on my Nexus 7. Worked FINE. I recently installed a new O/S on the PC (Win 8.1), and re-installed Calibre. Now all my books are going in by title (I think)...

Went into Calibre to change the "Send to Device" preference and I cannot figure out how to get it back to storing the books within the author (last name, first name) folders. I went back and the original preference is set to:

{author_sort}/{title} - {authors}

which gets me books on the Nexus by "title - author.epub" and no author folders

I looked at the reply by DoctorOhh and changed the setting to:

{author_sort}/{author_sort}/{title} - {authors}

but that STILL gets me books by title then author and no folders.

So, BACK to the DoctorOhh entry and grabbed the OTHER choice there:

{author_sort}\{author_sort}-{series:||-}{series_index:05.2f||-}{title}

and put THAT in the preference just to see if I could get ANYTHING to change. As near as I can tell, I STILL get anything I send to device just dumped in the Books folder by title then author...

I've now been looking for a couple hours, using whatever search string I could thing of, and still haven't found the thing I need in the preference...
How do I get this thing BACK to putting my books in folders by author?
Old 02-07-2015, 12:20 PM   #7
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:

I HAD Calibre set up so it put my books within an author folder on my Nexus 7. Worked FINE. I recently installed a new O/S on the PC (Win 8.1), and re-installed Calibre. Now all my books are going in by title (I think)...
Do you still have a backup of your old PC?
You can save yourself a bit of hair by restoring the Calibre configuration files with the driver_Name in them

ex.
Code:
03/30/2014  20:19             2,024 device_drivers_FOLDER_DEVICE_FOR_CONFIG.py
05/07/2014  11:53             1,054 device_drivers_HANLINV5.py
01/07/2014  21:42               901 device_drivers_KINDLE2.py
03/26/2014  21:57             1,089 device_drivers_SMART_DEVICE_APP.py
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 09:07 PM   #8
dkperez
Groupie

I have a sort-of backup of the system disk from prior to the rebuild, but I just looked on the new system and I don't have any files that look anything like what's on your list. Same thing with the backp of the old system.

Can you tell me where these old files would be?

Am I wrong, or should this be something that's absolutely trivial to get calibre to do? When I look at the preferences It SEEMS like it should be a very simple modification to the string, so how come it's not working?
Old 02-07-2015, 09:11 PM   #9
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired

Quote:
How do I get this thing BACK to putting my books in folders by author?
Connect your device, right click on the device icon and configure your device with the template you desire.
Old 02-08-2015, 12:50 AM   #10
dkperez
Groupie

OK, fixed..........

After an amount of time I'm embarrassed to admit I wasted, and the number of different searches I went through, and the number of posts I read trying to get this to work, I finally got it (thank goodness for obsessive-compulsion)...

My problem was not understanding the "save template" thing.

I kept going into the calibre preferences and changing the "send to device" thing in there. Been doing it all day (actually 2 days), and no matter WHAT I changed it to, NOTHING ever changed.

By purely dumb luck I saw the "Device" icon and clicked it and went into configuration thinking MAYBE there's something in there, and voila ANOTHER "send to device" string that didn't have the thing set to create a folder... I've looked in the Preferences at least a half dozen times, trying to find the "save template"... T'ain't there!

Cleaned off all the books that were just sitting in a big pile on the device, resent them to the Nexus WITH the right string, and now I can stop twitching every time I have to open a new book!

And, of course, now that I've gone through all that, I come back in here to find that the answer's been posted in my absence!

I've now created a file, and stored it in the ereader folder with all the ereader kits so next time I need to do this I'll be able to find it.

Methinks I've gotta get a life... Maybe get out a bit more? Stop talking to the cats?
Old 02-08-2015, 11:01 AM   #11
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
FWIW
Many of the settings in Preferences are first time defaults.

The Save to device template will be assigned to the device the on the first connection. From then on ,THE DEVICE driver setting ( it is saved in the config folder) prevails

Same with conversion settings don i Preferences. Once a book has been converted, the settings that were used are remembered.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote