Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-18-2011, 07:05 AM   #1
Matan
Enthusiast
Matan can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Matan can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Matan can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Matan can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Matan can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Matan can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Matan can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Matan can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Matan can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Matan can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Matan can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Device: none
Python for kindle

This zip file contains python 2.7.2 for kindle.

It can be installed using launchpad's customupdates feature, or simply unzipped under /mnt/us. If you unzip in another location, you should edit the included file pythonenv.

To run python, source the file /mnt/us/python/pythonenv and run the binary /mnt/us/python/usr/bin/python.

The package actaully contains the Debian Wheezy packages python-minimal, python2.7-minimal, python2.7 and libssl1 (rebuilt to use older libc).
Matan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 09:33 PM   #2
qlob
Official Lurker
qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3.4
I did all that,but it is telling me that libssl1.0.0.so does not exist although it does exist and is in /mnt/us/python/usr/lib ... Any help? (i just looked at the thread date..... whoops. if anybody can still help me tho it would be nice.

qlobthehorse
qlob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 04:26 AM   #3
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
I don't think you did all that. You probably did _not_ source the file /mnt/us/python/pythonenv - or you installed to another location. That LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment setting in there is mandatory and the culprit in the case of the error you are facing.

Note that _sourcing_ it is needed, not executing it as a shell script (which would only affect a subshell). "source /mnt/us/python/pythonenv".
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 04:26 AM   #4
hostar
Zealot
hostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle 4 non-touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by qlob View Post
I did all that,but it is telling me that libssl1.0.0.so does not exist although it does exist and is in /mnt/us/python/usr/lib ... Any help? (i just looked at the thread date..... whoops. if anybody can still help me tho it would be nice.

qlobthehorse
Spoiler:
I think python will not see this library, because you haven't /mnt/us/python/usr/lib in $PATH environment variable.
So you can run in bash: PATH=$PATH":/mnt/us/python/usr/lib"

Or you can copy libssl1.0.0.so to /usr/lib folder.

EDIT: Don't read this post

Last edited by hostar; 04-19-2012 at 04:53 AM.
hostar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 04:32 AM   #5
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
No, PATH doesn't matter, PATH is for finding executables. It's LD_LIBRARY_PATH for the linker (or an addition to /etc/ld.so.conf - which I do not recommend since it means changing the root fs).
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 04:52 AM   #6
hostar
Zealot
hostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle 4 non-touch
you are right.

But searching paths might be found by strace.

Last edited by hostar; 04-19-2012 at 07:32 AM.
hostar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 10:33 AM   #7
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by hostar View Post
you are right.

But searching paths might be found by strace.
You can also set the library path in a linker option when building an executable. I did this for my programs that use SDL so they look for it in /mnt/us/lib.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 04:42 PM   #8
qlob
Official Lurker
qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3.4
Yes i did end up forgetting to source /mnt/us/python/pythonenv Thanks!

qlobthehorse
qlob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 01:54 PM   #9
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
wget http://pypi.python.org/packages/2.7/...870bc7919059ea

for 2.7 easy_install

then

[root@kindle bin]# easy_install pip

for pip

FURTHER NOTES...
I seemingly get version warnings...
The following is not recommended for the average user.

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1905963

cheers

therefore I would recommend the python from https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88004 instead

Last edited by twobob; 01-04-2013 at 02:42 PM.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote