Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Alternative Devices

Notices

Old 03-29-2010, 02:08 PM   #1
nmahesh567
nmahesh567 began at the beginning.

Device: viliv s5 3g
Viliv s5 PRE 3G

Friends,

I have been searching on net called support but could not get specific answer to following questions. I will appreciate for your help for these questions.

I have t-mobile data plan for Google g1 and hoping that it will work with Viliv S5 PRE 3G. I am told that AT&T now does not support only data plan. So I have to but voice plan also which I do not want since t-mobile contract is still active.

1) My understanding is that with t-mobile, it will be EDGE network and 3g so internet speed will be not as good as 3g. Is there a way to get 3g speed with t-mobile? Like, if I use USB data connector by inserting existing sim card and use it to access internet. In this case (use USB data connector), will I be able to receive phone calls simultaneously?

2) Which mode (stands by / hibernate) windows should be so that I do not miss incoming calls?

3) I am planning to buy AT&T data connector (5 GB / $60) and then remove SIM card and insert into Viliv. Will there be any issues with this approach?

Thanks a lot in advance.
nmahesh567 is offline   Reply With Quote