Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 10-21-2016, 09:18 AM   #33151
Difflugia
Testate Amoeba
Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Many Android devices, Kindle 2, Toshiba e755 PocketPC
Lipton Darjeeling
Difflugia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 09:53 AM   #33152
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
My first adventure in my new conical burr future. An insignificant no-name roast for now, but my success has been moderate, I believe.
Sounds promising, but also sounds like you need to up your game on the roast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
Chai this morning

Hubby was doing all the pre-transplant stuff and it all went fine. The transplant it self is scheduled for the beginning of November. The good news is that the Doctor emphasized how important it is for me to be there because Hubby is going to be hurting and need help. He seems to be willing to listen to the Doctor.
Good news. I hadn't realized this was a "pre-transplant", thought it was the final procedure. Glad he's listening to someone.
Starbucks this morning, though yesterday I found an excellent lunch location where I can get a good cup of tea. Freshly made sandwiches on excellent baguettes, and Mariage Freres teas. I had a quite respectable French Breakfast tea.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-21-2016, 10:04 AM   #33153
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
Sounds promising, but also sounds like you need to up your game on the roast.
Oh definitely! Just getting a feel for the machine with some beans they had available at the grocers. Now the real experimentation begins.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 10:27 AM   #33154
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Oh definitely! Just getting a feel for the machine with some beans they had available at the grocers. Now the real experimentation begins.
I'll be interested to hear if you think the burr grinder worth it. I blanch at the prices and have stuck with a cheapo grinder, but I could be persuaded.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 11:43 AM   #33155
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
I'll be interested to hear if you think the burr grinder worth it. I blanch at the prices and have stuck with a cheapo grinder, but I could be persuaded.
I got into mine for $94. Nothing too fancy, but I did shop and research for about a month before I pulled the trigger.

I bought a cheapo blade mill from a local discount store before that, and it just never cut the mustard. It took forever, and the consistency was anywhere from talcum powder to nugget-sized.

The burr grinder is fast (at least for the small volume I'm doing), quiet, and the grounds are uniform in size. Makes it much easier for me to brew consistently.

So far ... I think it's worth it. Won't know for sure, though, until I see how long it lasts.

The blade grinder is now relegated to being a spice/flax mill, so that's a win.

Just had a Coke Zero, by the way.
Advert
Old 10-21-2016, 11:44 AM   #33156
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I have a burr grinder, but usually use the silly Kuerig. Lazy. But I get seriously fussy with my tea!

Water right now. Complete with the stale coffee taste I can't get out of this mug until I get home. :P
Old 10-22-2016, 01:14 PM   #33157
CRussel
(he/him/his)

Ah, back home. Fresh squeezed orange juice, and now brewing a big pot of Murchie's English Breakfast!
Old 10-22-2016, 04:15 PM   #33158
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
A cold Coke Zero
pdurrant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 05:11 PM   #33159
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Middle tea.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 12:13 AM   #33160
CRussel
(he/him/his)

More tea. Lion Mountain Keemun this time.
Old 10-23-2016, 12:44 AM   #33161
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Coke Zero with some tortilla chips and salsa.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 04:44 AM   #33162
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by cromag View Post
Coke Zero with some tortilla chips and salsa.
I take my Coke Zero with no additions in the cup.
pdurrant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 08:53 AM   #33163
Difflugia
Testate Amoeba
Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Many Android devices, Kindle 2, Toshiba e755 PocketPC
Chinese ti kuan yin.
Difflugia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 02:19 PM   #33164
CRussel
(he/him/his)

Murchie's Russian Caravan -- it's a wet gray day...
Old 10-23-2016, 02:21 PM   #33165
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Saison.
Ommegang Hennepin again. Rapidly becoming a favorite ale.

Tags
languages, tea enthusiasts, what is in your cup?