Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-17-2011, 12:59 AM   #1
Solitaire1
Samurai Lizard
Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NookColor
Extremely Convoluted And Confusing Names For Actions/Items

This thread was inspired in part by the SNL characters The Coneheads. Specifically, the way they would use extremely precise and detailed names for common actions/items, like the phrase "Consume Mass Quantities" for "Eating."

With that in mind, the goal of this thread is to come up with the most convoluted and confusing way of describing common items/actions followed by its (much) simpler name. The longer and more convoluted, the better.

To start off:

"granulated moisture absorbing material for the removal feline bodily waste materials"

Also known as:

"kitty litter"
Solitaire1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 03:02 AM   #2
Falcao
Banned
Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 650
I love this convoluted quote from Plankton (the bad guy in SpongeBob SquarePants show):

"Felicitations, malefactors! I'm endeavoring to misappropriate the formulary for the preparations of affordable comestibles!"

Instead of something simpler like:

"Hi bad guys! I'm planning to steal the formula for making krabby patties!"
Falcao is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-17-2011, 08:35 AM   #3
dsvick
Wizard
dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solitaire1 View Post

"granulated moisture absorbing material for the removal feline bodily waste materials"

Also known as:

"kitty litter"
To take it to the next level....

Muscle powered, gravity driven sifting device for the cleaning of granulated moisture absorbing material for the removal feline bodily waste materials.

I give you the "kitty litter scooper"
dsvick is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
convoluted confusing