Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2010, 12:31 PM   #46
LuBiB
Banned
LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: jetBook, iPhone, JETBOOK COLOR!!
oooooo i like this slip on design. i can take it off and read the jetBook as usual and then put it on when im not using it.

im planning on submitting a review this week.

the other book-style covers take up too much space anyway and its a hassle when reading in bed.
Old 03-23-2010, 01:58 PM   #47
cmbs
non-believer
cmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enough

Device: Cybook Gen 3, JetBook Lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverraven View Post
I got mine, no worries there. I was just wondering if anyone else had realized it didn't open like a book, it is just a slide in case. I thought you would be able to have the case on while using, making it book like. Eh, for free I can't complain!
S
It wasn't for free. You've sold yourself, your words, your reputation for a $35 book cover.
Old 03-23-2010, 02:41 PM   #48
ghost68
ghost68 is on a distinguished road

Device: none
Is it considered selling your sell if you were honest with your review?

Ghost
Old 03-23-2010, 02:51 PM   #49
heffe2001
Zealot
heffe2001 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage 3g
Quote:
Originally Posted by clerky96 View Post
That's a bit of a disappointment, but at least it will protect it while not in use. I take it the sides must be elastic in order for the battery pack to fit into it.
Battery pack slips into the big cut-out on the back side of the case. A regular jetbook WILL fit in it, but it's a tight squeeze (for it's smaller, but wider battery bump on the back).
Old 03-23-2010, 03:44 PM   #50
clerky96
Connoisseur
clerky96 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Battery pack slips into the big cut-out on the back side of the case
Got it! For some reason I was thinkiing it would slide in from the end and not the side. DUH! Some days I think my brain is not working at all!
Update...Got my case today and just wanted to say that it is pretty nice. As for CMBs comment...I did not sell my "anything" for this case. I gave an honest review of my opinion on the jbl.

Last edited by clerky96; 03-23-2010 at 05:48 PM.
Old 03-23-2010, 06:00 PM   #51
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmbs View Post
It wasn't for free. You've sold yourself, your words, your reputation for a $35 book cover.
I would say that I sold 5 minutes of my time that I spent to write JBL review but I didn't sell my reputation because I really like my jetBook and don't see any problem to write about it.
Old 03-23-2010, 06:30 PM   #52
ngrant
Gadget Lover
ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2, Mobiscribe Origin, Fire HD tablets
Not selling my soul...!

I posted my review at Newegg.com on 3/18 and then e-mailed Boris at Ectaco and got no response -- so sent the message again yesterday and received a reply this morning that my case will be sent via USPS today!! I can't wait to get it. I always post reviews at Newegg for the benefit of other customers as I have found other people's reviews there very helpful in making my buying decisions and solving otherwise puzzling problems with my purchases without contacting support. So no, I don't feel that I am "selling" anything -- my words, my soul to the devil... whatever. It's just a review, and just a case for the JBL, after all.
Old 03-23-2010, 07:37 PM   #53
SciFiGal777
SciFiGal777 is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Formerly had Jetbook Lite
Something to consider is that if people got the Jetbook Lite and didn't like it, they're probably going to return it and in that case why would they want a case? The people that would be interested in the case are the people who already like the Jetbook Lite.
Old 03-23-2010, 08:28 PM   #54
ngrant
Gadget Lover
ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2, Mobiscribe Origin, Fire HD tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by SciFiGal777 View Post
...why would they want a case?
To sell on eBay and put the proceeds towards an ereader that they DO want?
Old 03-23-2010, 10:35 PM   #55
SciFiGal777
SciFiGal777 is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Formerly had Jetbook Lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by ngrant View Post
To sell on eBay and put the proceeds towards an ereader that they DO want?
Maybe. I hadn't thought of that. But I don't really think the case is worth that much to be worth all the work involved, and lying on top of that.

Anyway, if I do put a positive review up, it's only going to be because I really do like the device.
Old 03-24-2010, 11:11 AM   #56
uRwhatUr
Groupie
uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.

Device: Aluratek Libre
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost68 View Post
Is it considered selling your sell if you were honest with your review?

Ghost
Is it considered an honest review if one fails to disclose that said review was motivated, influenced in whole or in part and/or compensated by a shady marketing promotion?
Old 03-24-2010, 01:07 PM   #57
LuBiB
Banned
LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: jetBook, iPhone, JETBOOK COLOR!!
just wrote my review - took 10 minutes and e-mailed it to Boris

Cant wait to get a case!!!!!
Old 03-24-2010, 03:11 PM   #58
heffe2001
Zealot
heffe2001 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage 3g
Just got notice from Boris that they are offering the same deal for the JC-1 cover for the regular jetbook. I've been wanting to post a review of that unit for a while, but I'm glad I waited now .
Old 03-25-2010, 02:14 AM   #59
jblitereader
Addict
jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.

Device: jetbook lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by uRwhatUr View Post
Is it considered an honest review if one fails to disclose that said review was motivated, influenced in whole or in part and/or compensated by a shady marketing promotion?
Every word of my review is true. I don't have to prove my honesty to you or anyone else. My conscience is clear. There is no harm in me capitalizing on something that I was going to do anyway.
Old 03-25-2010, 11:08 AM   #60
uRwhatUr
Groupie
uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.

Device: Aluratek Libre
Quote:
Originally Posted by livingenzyme View Post
Every word of my review is true. I don't have to prove my honesty to you or anyone else. My conscience is clear. There is no harm in me capitalizing on something that I was going to do anyway.
I just asked a question. I didn't accuse anyone of anything.

Like most people I question and doubt a lot of reviews. I would especially question and doubt reviews that I know were a result of an offer like the one in this thread.

While I do not own a Jetbook/Jetbook-Lite, I have seen enough posts from people like GA Russell & Kris777 to trust them in what they have to say about it here and/or on Newegg, even with me knowing about the e-mail offer. If I bought one, it would be because of them.

As for Ectaco, I find this to be a shady marketing promotion made even shadier by the fact that before posting these on their testimonials page Ectaco is purging some of the "Cons" and "Other Thoughts" from some of these Newegg reviews that they evidently deem are too negative.

BTW,Welcome to MobileRead
Closed Thread