Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 11-16-2012, 11:39 AM   #16
fraylocus
Groupie
fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Onyx Boox T68
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
Here are first pictures of new designed Boox with Android (RK2906 CPU @ 1Ghz)
Why when you sell this new reader?

regards
fraylocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 02:14 PM   #17
bob123
Addict
bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.

Device: Cybook
Quote:
No. It is a new comming modell with just Android.
So if I want android I should wait for the new device?
bob123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 05:44 AM   #18
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob123 View Post
So if I want android I should wait for the new device?
The new device will be designed for support of Android only. The current models (i62HD and M92) will allow to install Android as alternative OS to current Linux

The estimated date for availability of new Onyx model is the March 2013

Last edited by Booxtor; 11-17-2012 at 05:47 AM.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 08:51 AM   #19
bob123
Addict
bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.

Device: Cybook
Quote:
The new device will be designed for support of Android only. The current models (i62HD and M92) will allow to install Android as alternative OS to current Linux

Thank you Booxtor. I have one more question. Will the new device also have new (hardware) features?
bob123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 09:36 AM   #20
szlevi
Enthusiast
szlevi began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox i62 HD
Thank you for your answer!
Quote:

szlevi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 12:32 PM   #21
myself11
Enthusiast
myself11 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook ST + Kindle PW2
Thanks Booxtor.
myself11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 11:59 AM   #22
szlevi
Enthusiast
szlevi began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox i62 HD
Dear Booxtor,
I hope that Onyx will still support and develop i62 and M92 software even after these Android devices are going onto the market.

Quote:

szlevi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:26 AM   #23
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maurice13 View Post
Booxtor, please double check all the information before you write something. Please do not promise easy migration to Android on all devices you sell. You do not know some facts (possible) or your greed and desire to sell another device from your store is bigger then your respect to Mobileread Forum Users (also possible) - but the forum users will soon find out who lies to them. Just couple of months
Hey,
just a suggestion for your future posts -before you post here some bullshit think twice.
Somehow you tend to offend user in forum here in you last posts (even your customers).

I assume in this case your greed and desire to sell another device from your store is bigger than your respect to Mobileread Forum users since all your (16) posts here in forum are just advertizing of your store or attempt to troll me or my store.

Last edited by Booxtor; 11-28-2012 at 09:30 AM.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:39 AM   #24
pepe_alter_ego
Zealot
pepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Kindle Paperwhite 1 (Wi-Fi)
Just a thought ... IIRC ... Android feels really well first when it gets at least 512 MB RAM (the Boox M92 has just 256 MB RAM, I don't know another Onyx models).
pepe_alter_ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 02:35 AM   #25
Just-read
Just-read began at the beginning.

Device: None
Interested in the new device

Quote:

hi booxtor:

I am wondering if the new device will have 9.7" screen and allow annotation on pdf like M 92. also if you have any information about the price it will be highly appreciated because i want to buy this device.
Just-read is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 11:38 AM   #26
Hui Neng
Ebookreader
Hui Neng turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Hui Neng turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Hui Neng turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Hui Neng turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Hui Neng turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Hui Neng turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Hui Neng turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Hui Neng turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Hui Neng turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Hui Neng turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Hui Neng turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.

Device: Nook Simple Touch - Nook HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just-read View Post
hi booxtor:

I am wondering if the new device will have 9.7" screen and allow annotation on pdf like M 92. also if you have any information about the price it will be highly appreciated because i want to buy this device.
Annotation like M92 - are you kidding?
One of the reasons to use Android is to get better PDF handling.
More important seem to me CPU and Ram and multitasking.
Hui Neng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 04:59 PM   #27
Just-read
Just-read began at the beginning.

Device: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hui Neng View Post
Annotation like M92 - are you kidding?
One of the reasons to use Android is to get better PDF handling.
More important seem to me CPU and Ram and multitasking.

Thank for the information, i know that Android will offer the multitasking, but the annotation will be based on the screen technology, is this right.
Just-read is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 06:21 AM   #28
Hui Neng
Ebookreader
Hui Neng turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Hui Neng turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Hui Neng turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Hui Neng turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Hui Neng turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Hui Neng turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Hui Neng turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Hui Neng turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Hui Neng turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Hui Neng turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Hui Neng turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.

Device: Nook Simple Touch - Nook HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just-read View Post
Thank for the information, i know that Android will offer the multitasking, but the annotation will be based on the screen technology, is this right.
I would say it is based on the App which is used ...
Hui Neng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:54 AM   #29
jotas
Connoisseur
jotas has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jotas has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jotas has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jotas has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jotas has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: who knows?

Quote:
Here are first pictures of new designed Boox with Android (RK2906 CPU @ 1Ghz)
Honestly, and really you plan to sell such design?

And, I'm not speaking about being Android, and how fast and well it will run over, something interesting for many of us (and, by the way, I'm still waiting for your promised information about the upcoming Android, keycodes and controller information, to check if possible to use and patch over a real and current CoolReader). Leave aside all this for the moment, we will consider than Android will work perfectly, fast, and with no problems.

Such design, such size, such frame, white pearl, such keys...? Which screen type it uses? HD or not? About lighting, will this device have it? Which type?

And, please don't tell me about "safe" factory design for screen, need keys for Android, need hardware motherboard or sizes, or anything else. It seems almost all companies making e-readers actually have in staff someone dedicated to kill any good idea, new or existing, and, of course, never read a full book or uses the device to do real reading, daily, for hours, many different situations and places. Please, all, take them out from such job.

You 're breaking your own rules and work: someones good in current i62HD/Firefly.

Such buttons maybe good and common for Android, but not for reading. Regardless their functions, or mapping, it's much better double buttons on each side, large and narrow, for turning pages and many other things, much like your current i62HD line, or Nook ones, or previous Kindles (both touch & non-touch). Add extra keys for Android if need, most will be a central home key.

For color, much better for reading and contrast to grey screen, a black matte, and both safe from fingerprints and slips. Simple see current market experience and/or copy from others.

For global design and frame size... no way! Nowadays. You should attempt to make it as small and comfortable for holding and carry, and as lightweight as possible, just see Sony T2 design or copy from elsewhere (you only need an extra and small amount for side keys).

And so on ... what about details for touch screen? How sensitive? Infrared? Capacitive? You can go street and also copy, an old but well added technology as infrared can work perfectly (like Sony), being cheap and not causing problems with additional touch layers over screen and contrast.

Or other details, being these maybe more small and personal, I can't not understand at all why all connections and slots and switches go now to bottom edge, where the cabling, power, or SD causes more problems, where most time device is resting for reading on the street, at home or in bed, and you can hit or break something inadvertently, and many other things. Why not top edge for most things, just like phones, and edges for others, like also phones or tablets?

Well, thanks anyway for your information, and let's see what is really out for sales and how it works.
jotas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 12:33 PM   #30
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Boox M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by jotas View Post
I can't understand at all why all connections and slots and switches go now to bottom edge, where the cabling, power, or SD causes more problems, where most time device is resting for reading on the street, at home or in bed, and you can hit or break something inadvertently, and many other things. Why not top edge for most things, just like phones, and edges for others, like also phones or tablets?
Not all tablets have connections on upper or at least side edge. For example Asus Transformer TF201. Nevetherless, I agree, it should not be on bottom edge.

There is solution. One may rotate screen 180 deg. and voila ... plugs will move to the top. It costs only 2 cliks.

But still, connections should be on top (or at least side) by design!
Mono is offline   Reply With Quote