Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-24-2012, 07:45 AM   #1
ldrover
Connoisseur
ldrover is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.ldrover is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.ldrover is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.ldrover is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.ldrover is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.ldrover is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.ldrover is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.ldrover is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.ldrover is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.ldrover is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.ldrover is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: iPad Mini
Kobo Glo and Calibre

I just upgraded from a Kobo Touch to a Glo. It seems that moving books to the Glo with Calibre is much slower than it was with the Touch. Has anyone else experienced this?
ldrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 07:52 AM   #2
sysKin
Connoisseur
sysKin knows the complete value of PI to the endsysKin knows the complete value of PI to the endsysKin knows the complete value of PI to the endsysKin knows the complete value of PI to the endsysKin knows the complete value of PI to the endsysKin knows the complete value of PI to the endsysKin knows the complete value of PI to the endsysKin knows the complete value of PI to the endsysKin knows the complete value of PI to the endsysKin knows the complete value of PI to the endsysKin knows the complete value of PI to the end

Device: Aura HD, after a train ate my Glo
I unpacked two Glo chrissy presents today and one of them was incredibly slow. Calibre clocked 80 minutes to transfer ~450 books. The other Glo was fine, and so is my unit (which is now even faster due to very fast internal SD card).

I don't know what happened, and when it finally finished I fully rebooted it, didn't see anything wrong while using it, and didn't investigate further.

If this continues I might swap its internal memory (I still have the SD card I removed from my reader) and see if it's the cause.

Perhaps your reader suffers from something similar, because otherwise they don't appear to be any slower than Touch (maybe even faster?)

Last edited by sysKin; 12-24-2012 at 07:56 AM.
sysKin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert