Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 04-17-2011, 09:04 AM   #1
sjarrel
Edge User

Browser-closing-problem solved?

I constantly had problems with the browsers closing randomly.
I discovered that there is a USB-debuggingproces going on and after I stopped that I have no browserproblems anymore. So fingers crossed.

For those of you with the same problems try this out:
Settings > application setttings > development > USB debugging.
Be sure it is unchecked! I believe it was checked by default.
Good luck.

Old 04-17-2011, 10:23 AM   #2
obsessed2
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjarrel View Post
I constantly had problems with the browsers closing randomly.
I discovered that there is a USB-debugging process going on and after I stopped that I have no browser problems anymore. So fingers crossed.
Surprisingly this option WAS NOT checked after I completed the Ermine update on two different PEs. I reported no browser problems in the Ermine experience post and this may be why. Good detective work. Hopefully this cures the problem.

Advert
Old 04-17-2011, 01:08 PM   #3
sarah11918
Edge User

Mine was also not checked by default. I wonder whether this box respected settings you had before on Dingo, and whether some of us had unchecked debugging long ago because of a different, past error.

Old 04-17-2011, 01:34 PM   #4
Michealj
Edge User

Hi, my setting was unchecked and my browser still closes on its own. I hope your results are better. If so Perhaps I should enable it and after a time disable it again. Who knows, but Dolphin crashes for me too, not as often, and so far Opera has not crashed on me.

Regards,

Micheal

Old 04-17-2011, 02:08 PM   #5
Jerry
Edge User

USB Debugging was off and I still gget kit crashing in bursts sometimes almost every page.....grrrrrrrrrrr

Advert
Old 04-17-2011, 06:07 PM   #6
glen
Edge User

Mine was unchecked, and I never had a browser randomly closing problem.

Old 04-17-2011, 08:19 PM   #7
aidren
Edge User

Mine was also unchecked and I have had some browser issues... not too many... but a few. Opera mini has remained stable, though.

Old 04-18-2011, 10:07 PM   #8
thorne
Edge User

i really hope they fix this issue before the comp. kicks the bucket.
at this time, the browsing crashing and the inability to locate a replacement battery in the states are my biggest issues.

Old 04-19-2011, 10:25 AM   #9
NiaTrue
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michealj View Post
Hi, my setting was unchecked and my browser still closes on its own.
Same for me.

Old 04-21-2011, 04:30 AM   #10
sjarrel
Edge User

Back to Dingo

Ermine worked well for a couple of days after my first post in this thread, but then the closing of the browsers came back. First once in a day, soon very often again. Then the gallery dissapeared. The green images with the camera. Then the messages about the WSoD in the forum worried me.....
So I decided to go back to Dingo.
Downgrade went well, except that in the article "Revert from Froyo.." it says that after the spash screen had been displayed more than 20 minutes remove battery and AC (for EE) we have to do a second ugrade, power on with the menu+rotate buttons procedure. Then the "Updating software splash screen" should appear again after 2 minutes, but it didn't. The eDGe started up normally with the 4 dots.
Dingo is back, but the helpvideo's don't work anymore. I don't need them, but it's odd. The camera works well and gives very good pictures.
After that I upgraded to Ermine again to see if there was improvement. No: pictures from camera are green again, browser closes. Library restore did not work to internal storages (I preciously had the library on the SD-card, but hoped it would restore to internal storage in order to get the 3 GB back.)
After moving the library to SD-card again, the restoring worked well.
But because there was no improvement and in order to avoid the WSoD I decided to go back to Dingo. Downgrading went exactly the way it did the first time.
Now I have to decide whether I move the library to SD-card again or to start all over.
I think I'll wait a few days and see if there will be any development with Ermine.
No snow overhere. It's sunny in the Netherlands. So keep up the good hope.