Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 09-08-2007, 07:04 PM   #1
MrPannus
MrPannus began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-500 (soon?)
Reader for medical texts in PDF

Error.

Last edited by MrPannus; 10-19-2015 at 07:39 PM. Reason: Privacy hole, as per previous
MrPannus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 08:10 PM   #2
sianon
Addict
sianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony 500, Bebook, Kindle, Eco reader Drs and soon the Archos 9
I initially bought the Sony reader before moving on to the Iliad reader. In general I found that reading PDFs in landscape mode with the larger text size was acceptable without any reformatting. There were however some documents (mainly my photography books) which were simply unreadable. I did play around with reformatting PDFs, however without a great deal of success.

Karen
sianon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-11-2007, 03:45 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
If reading PDFs is your main reason for buying, I really would suggest the iLiad rather than the Sony. The difference between the 6" and 8" screens makes all the difference in the world. Most A4 pages are perfectly readable in cropped landscape mode on the iLiad (and you don't need any conversion software to do it).
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 04:02 AM   #4
slav
slav began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-500
I bought Sony reader to read my technical books, long articles and blog posts. At first I wasn't quite happy because A4 PDF's looked quite bad - since font was really small, and if original PDF had grey font instead of black this was a complete disaster. But then I discovered PDFLRF - it just formats pages exactly for sony reader's screen. PDF's printed with PDFLRF look just fantastic - better than original book

Check out this blog for more info and examples:
http://hightech.afmag.net/categories...s/sony-reader/

It takes just few minutes to print bunch of websites into pdf and then convert them for sony reader (I usually do it in batches

Now I wouldn't change my Sony Reader for anything - it fits into my pocket and I can read whenever I want - it's just brilliant!!!

Last edited by slav; 09-11-2007 at 04:16 AM.
slav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 10:35 AM   #5
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by slav View Post
Check out this blog for more info and examples:
Or, a little closer to home: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13135
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert