Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-25-2010, 02:59 PM   #31
PERTU
PERTU began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo eReader
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekidintheclock View Post
Unfortunately I still have the same error.
PERTU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 03:00 PM   #32
Stinger
Asha'man
Stinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kobo
http://devonenote.com/2010/02/regist...x-on-x64-win7/
Stinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 01:20 AM   #33
PERTU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinger View Post
Thanks it's working now. I'm gonna try to fix a few epub.
Old 05-28-2010, 01:26 AM   #34
PERTU

I successfully fixed one problematic epub I have. Thanks for this great tool.
Old 05-29-2010, 01:19 PM   #35
sunami88
Enthusiast
sunami88 is no ebook tyro.sunami88 is no ebook tyro.sunami88 is no ebook tyro.sunami88 is no ebook tyro.sunami88 is no ebook tyro.sunami88 is no ebook tyro.sunami88 is no ebook tyro.sunami88 is no ebook tyro.sunami88 is no ebook tyro.sunami88 is no ebook tyro.

Great app! Very uselful, thank you.
sunami88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 10:56 PM   #36
Cynfully
Cynfully began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-600, iPod Touch
Quote:
hi, everybody. i'm not a kobo owner yet - but i've been following the news from canada and reading all the reactions.

here's a (windows) tool for fixing epub files up for the kobo - many at once. make sure you run this on copies of your ebooks - it overwrites each file with the fixed up epub.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5148711/kobo/KoboBulkFixer.zip

i also have the same thing for fixing up things one at a time - in case the one above has some bugs i don't know about.
http://dl.thekidintheclock.com/u/514...oEpubFixer.zip

if you leave the checkbox unticked, the tool will keep the css files - but it'll remove the 'font-size' entries that seem to be causing problems on the kobo. if that doesn't work, try fixing the epub again with the checkbox turned on - this will remove the css entirely.

anyways, thought this might help. off you go.
Thanks so much for Kobo bulk epub fixer; addressed font issue while maintaining format. A great alternative to deleting complete CSS stylesheet. Thanks, Cynfully
Cynfully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 07:35 AM   #37
nursedude
Zealot
nursedude has exceeded all limitations known to mankindnursedude has exceeded all limitations known to mankindnursedude has exceeded all limitations known to mankindnursedude has exceeded all limitations known to mankindnursedude has exceeded all limitations known to mankindnursedude has exceeded all limitations known to mankindnursedude has exceeded all limitations known to mankindnursedude has exceeded all limitations known to mankindnursedude has exceeded all limitations known to mankindnursedude has exceeded all limitations known to mankindnursedude has exceeded all limitations known to mankind

Device: Kobo (Original), KT, iPad 1, iPhone 4S, iPad 3rd gen
Kobofix and epub fix are great little tools. Thanks very much for developing and posting them.
nursedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 11:57 PM   #38
JBlyth
Connoisseur
JBlyth doesn't litterJBlyth doesn't litter

Device: Kobo, Kobo Touch, Ipaq 214, HTC WildFire Android
CSS file not removed with KoboEpubFixer

Quote:
i also have the same thing for fixing up things one at a time - in case the one above has some bugs i don't know about.
http://dl.thekidintheclock.com/u/514...oEpubFixer.zip
Hi TheKidintheClock,

I find that the KoboEpubFixer doesn't remove the CSS file when the check box is activated. It does in the Bulk version though....

I'm running Windows 7 64 bit....

Cheers
John in Sunny Carnarvon - Western Australia
JBlyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 10:36 AM   #39
thekidintheclock
thekidintheclock can illuminate an eclipsethekidintheclock can illuminate an eclipsethekidintheclock can illuminate an eclipsethekidintheclock can illuminate an eclipsethekidintheclock can illuminate an eclipsethekidintheclock can illuminate an eclipsethekidintheclock can illuminate an eclipsethekidintheclock can illuminate an eclipsethekidintheclock can illuminate an eclipsethekidintheclock can illuminate an eclipsethekidintheclock can illuminate an eclipse

okay - made some updates to the bulk fixer today. you can justify fonts and add international fonts, too.
thekidintheclock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 10:58 AM   #40
Duiker
Addict
Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
For the record when I bought my Kobo I had no experience at all with epubs. When I loaded my first books on I had the same font issues as everyone else. I found a thread on this forum that suggested deleting the .css file. Voila, problem solved. I don't know why people are so up in arms about this? It works. Maybe it's one long text file I don't know. I do know that my Table of Contents works and that I can skip through my books chapter by chapter. So what's the problem here? My books look and work exactly the same as they did before I deleted the file but now I can scale the font. Yay me.
Duiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 11:52 AM   #41
Jelbee
Jelbee began at the beginning.

I think it's just the fact that there shouldn't BE this issue.
The average purchaser of the Kobo isn't likely to search a forum, read through the instructions, crack open their epubs, find the stylesheet and edit it to make their books work... they'll just bitch that the Kobo sucks and doesn't work, and return it for a more expensive ereader.
So while people who are computer savvy, or just DETERMINED to make their books work, it isn't a big deal, really... it's still just an inconvenience that we shouldn't have to find run-arounds for.

Last edited by Jelbee; 06-11-2010 at 12:02 PM.
Jelbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 12:04 PM   #42
JBlyth
Connoisseur
JBlyth doesn't litterJBlyth doesn't litter

Device: Kobo, Kobo Touch, Ipaq 214, HTC WildFire Android
Quote:
okay - made some updates to the bulk fixer today. you can justify fonts and add international fonts, too.
Often it is very useful to just do a single file fix. Could you make the same changes to the KoboEpubFixer, please?

[Later] Perhaps I should have tested the new BULK program before I posted this, as it is a significant improvement and is more user friendly in having a good "de-select" option...

Many and continuing thanks
John in Sunny Carnarvon - Western Australia

Last edited by JBlyth; 06-11-2010 at 12:12 PM.
JBlyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 12:45 PM   #43
asrai devin
Indie author and reader
asrai devin began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelbee View Post
I think it's just the fact that there shouldn't BE this issue.
The average purchaser of the Kobo isn't likely to search a forum, read through the instructions, crack open their epubs, find the stylesheet and edit it to make their books work... they'll just bitch that the Kobo sucks and doesn't work, and return it for a more expensive ereader.
So while people who are computer savvy, or just DETERMINED to make their books work, it isn't a big deal, really... it's still just an inconvenience that we shouldn't have to find run-arounds for.
We shouldn't but both Kobo and epub are new technologies. Early adopters are going to have issues. It's the nature of the technological beast. If you don't like it, don't get invovled.

As for the pdf "issues", pdfs are formatted in a fixed style. Just becuase Kobo uses adobe technology doesn't mean pdfs are going to magically be flexiable. By definition pdfs are often used to keep their content from being copied or changed.

As ereaders become popular those who are now realeasing in pdf only will star releasing in epub as well.
asrai devin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 02:36 AM   #44
danieljrp
danieljrp began at the beginning.

Device: kobo reader
kobo epub fixer

Thank you very much for the fix. You just saved my eyesight!!
danieljrp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 06:20 PM   #45
ackc
ackc began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
This is amazing! As someone who reads avidly in multiple languages in addition to English, this is going to make my life so much easier. Perhaps even more importantly the fact that we don't have to delete the css file manually just to fix the font size issue is going to be a great help! Thanks so much.

It really is great that the community has really stepped up to help each other out, instead of having to wait on Kobo to very slowly react to these issues we've all encountered!
ackc is offline   Reply With Quote