Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 08-19-2006, 08:26 AM   #1
Moonraker
Addict
Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ILiad. Gen 3, PocketBook 360, Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Oasis 2
Black line 3½ cm from bottom of screen

I have just noticed I have a horizontal thin black line approximately 3½ cm from the bottom of the screen.

It is on all screens even when powered down.

It has always been there since I received my iLiad a few days ago.

I ignored it at first thinking that it was part of the design and it was the space for the keyboard pad.
But I have just realised that the line goes straight through the keyboard pad.
I have been studying all the pics uploaded by other members and can't see any with this line.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	01b.png
Views:	674
Size:	685.6 KB
ID:	1427   Click image for larger version

Name:	02b.png
Views:	697
Size:	817.4 KB
ID:	1428   Click image for larger version

Name:	03b.png
Views:	636
Size:	696.4 KB
ID:	1429  
Moonraker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 10:32 AM   #2
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Sounds to me like your device is faulty. Good news is that you may want to contact them and request it to be replaced. More here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7334
TadW is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-19-2006, 11:40 AM   #3
Moonraker
Addict
Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thank you TadW.

I tried to telephone iRex but received a message saying that the call centre was closed and their hours are Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm. (It is now Saturday).

So I have sent an email to them via their web site which I understand goes to their shop.

I will let you know how I get on.
Old 08-19-2006, 03:07 PM   #4
DHer
Addict
DHer doesn't litterDHer doesn't litter

Device: iliad
Emailing doesn't really work for initiating a support ticket, as far as i know.

Also make sure to double-check the email-adress you give them when calling.

These two points can save you quite a lot of frustration.
DHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 01:32 AM   #5
mtech
mtech began at the beginning.

I had exactly the same problem, just that is it about 1cm from the top of the screen. Very strangely, it disappeared after a few restarts, but then changed into a bad patch of pixels at the top right hand corner. Refer to the picture in this thread.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7266

They finally agreed to do a replace, after 1 week of correspondence with them. Yes, email doesn't work unless you have called them to get ticket number.

BTW, what's your order number? Mine's #858.
mtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-20-2006, 08:58 AM   #6
Moonraker
Addict

My order number was 1005.

I will telephone them tomorrow morning when their call centre is open.

Assuming that they will agree to replace my faulty unit what is the procedure and how long does it take?

Do we have to return the device before they send out a replacement?

I am going on holiday in a few weeks and really wanted to take my iLiad with me.
Old 08-20-2006, 11:19 AM   #7
DHer
Addict
DHer doesn't litterDHer doesn't litter

Device: iliad
well, at the moment it's not so easy.

You call them, they accept that you return it, they send a shipping box via UPS, you put your iliad in it, you call UPS to fetch it again, UPS delivers it to them, some time is passing (mine was handed over on monday and sent back on friday), UPS delivers it back to you.

A reasonable replacement system is in discussion, but not implemented.

So if you want to have it for your holidays and you can live with the line you better not return it before.
DHer is offline   Reply With Quote