Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-11-2013, 08:24 AM   #1
il_mix
Enthusiast
il_mix can self-interpret dreams as they happen.il_mix can self-interpret dreams as they happen.il_mix can self-interpret dreams as they happen.il_mix can self-interpret dreams as they happen.il_mix can self-interpret dreams as they happen.il_mix can self-interpret dreams as they happen.il_mix can self-interpret dreams as they happen.il_mix can self-interpret dreams as they happen.il_mix can self-interpret dreams as they happen.il_mix can self-interpret dreams as they happen.il_mix can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kobo Touch
Pocket usage

Hi everyone,

I've just upgraded my Kobo Touch with firmware 3.1.0 (I had 2.6.1, if I remember well)
First news I've seen is the Pocket integration. Never heard about this service, but it looks nice, since I can read some interesting web pages on my Kobo offline and without the pain of searching them with Kobo browser.

I made this two simple test:
1) save an article with Firefox on my PC -> sync Kobo: the article is not visible in Kobo Poket articles, but it is via Pocket web (ex with Firefox).
2) save an article from Kobo browser: the article is visible both in Kobo Pocket articles and Pocket web.

Why the (1) doesn't work? Am I doing something wrong?
Note that I've made several sync (via Kobo menu) and Refresh (via Pocket settings), but the article won't appear in the list.

Thanks
MIX
il_mix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 09:59 AM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Pocket saves stuff in different manners depending on how they analyze it. Kobo ONLY handles what Pocket has classified as Articles.

On the Pocket web site, one of the icons on the top left lets you filter by classification. One option there is Arricle. Only items shown there will be synced.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-11-2013, 10:12 AM   #3
il_mix
Enthusiast
il_mix can self-interpret dreams as they happen.il_mix can self-interpret dreams as they happen.il_mix can self-interpret dreams as they happen.il_mix can self-interpret dreams as they happen.il_mix can self-interpret dreams as they happen.il_mix can self-interpret dreams as they happen.il_mix can self-interpret dreams as they happen.il_mix can self-interpret dreams as they happen.il_mix can self-interpret dreams as they happen.il_mix can self-interpret dreams as they happen.il_mix can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kobo Touch
Indeed, the page I saved wasn't an article.
Step 2: Is there a way to set the "article" type?
il_mix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 10:16 AM   #4
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Nope.... However you CAN let Pocket know of stuff not being handled correctly so they can adjust things.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
article, kobo touch, pocket