Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 06-03-2011, 10:50 AM   #1
Little_bear
Groupie
Little_bear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little_bear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little_bear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little_bear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little_bear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little_bear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little_bear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little_bear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little_bear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little_bear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little_bear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch (gifted to a friend), Sony PRS-T2, iPad mini
Free Dark Fantasy: Second Covenant by Elissa Malcohn (multiple formats)

I hope this wasn't posted before.

Second Covenant by Elissa Malcohn is book #6 (and series conclusion) of "Deviation" series. It is free from the author website, where it is listed as sci-fi and dark fantasy.

Quote:
The voices of the new generation speak out.
Bless struggles to govern Crossroads, now that her father HigherBrook is gone. TelZodo chronicles the Masari's decline as Yata gain control of the region. Caught up in an unpopular argument for increased predation, he doesn't know what to believe in any more.
Abri, Zai's eldest son and a Preserver, must reconcile his sworn oath to hunt Masari with his growing worship of them. He finally understands the true meaning behind his people's ancient myth of the man who had killed his own kind to feed the predators.
Abri's younger brother Evit, following in Ghost's and Piri's footsteps, stumbles on a way to end Masari dependence on Yata flesh. At long last, he can end the curse that has torn the region apart for generations. But his solution throws the valley into chaos.
He has unleashed a power that could destroy the region utterly, even as more and more Yata and Masari embrace it. And in an atmosphere of murder and political intrigue, only the victor will get to rewrite history.
The other five books of the series are also free from the same site. The first four books come with few but good review at Goodreads. No reviews for the last two books. About Deviation series:

Quote:
Long ago the Masari and the Yata hunted together in peace, until the species they drove to extinction included those possessing nutrients necessary to Masari survival. The Yata then became the only source of those nutrients. Deviations tells how these peoples cope with the reality of being sentient creatures forced to play the roles of predator and prey, and how several of them try to thwart long-established conventions in the hope of overcoming their biological imperative. In Deviations love triumphs in the midst of death. The series focuses on the social, ethical, and spiritual dilemmas surrounding both the literal cannibalism of the societies involved and the many ways in which their different communities feed off each other.
Little_bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 03:47 PM   #2
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Thanks, Little_bear.

The author, Elissa Malcohn, is a MR member and has just made the announcement about Second Covenant in the below thread.

Campbell Award finalist releasing free e-books and post #32 has the announcement.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-06-2011, 08:30 AM   #3
Elissa Malcohn
Elissa Malcohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elissa Malcohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elissa Malcohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elissa Malcohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elissa Malcohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elissa Malcohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elissa Malcohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elissa Malcohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elissa Malcohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elissa Malcohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elissa Malcohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Thanks for spreading the word!
Quick note: I've exceeded my bandwidth -- though I very much appreciate all the visits and downloads! :-)
This blog entry is a compendium of where free downloads are available. I probably haven't found them all -- will update as I get more info.
http://deviationstrilogy.blogspot.co...g-traffic.html
And thanks again! -- Elissa
Elissa Malcohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 10:37 AM   #4
Elissa Malcohn
Elissa Malcohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elissa Malcohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elissa Malcohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elissa Malcohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elissa Malcohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elissa Malcohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elissa Malcohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elissa Malcohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elissa Malcohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elissa Malcohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elissa Malcohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Update: I'm thrilled to report my Deviations site is back in business!
http://home.earthlink.net/~deviations/index.html

Inspired by comments left at the thread dreams referenced, I've put together (so far) an autographed Omnibus CD to use for promotional purposes, keeping the different volumes in separate file folders. It pretty much duplicates what I have on my website.

Happy July! -- Elissa
Elissa Malcohn is offline   Reply With Quote