Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 09-02-2007, 05:46 AM   #61
diabloNL
Gadget Force®
diabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with others

Device: Sony PRS-300 + Cybook with funny screen :P
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogg View Post
Do you get the "total NaN" bit?

If so, that just means you need to go into the About screen and reset the counter with Enter.

After you've done that, as long as you don't reflash or turn the reader to true OFF, it should retain the count.
Did you change the code because I don't have that problem. At first page flip it will initialize the variable.
diabloNL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 01:12 PM   #62
Nogg
Literate!
Nogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it is

Device: PRS-500
Possibly. I might have "optimized" it away.
Nogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-02-2007, 01:59 PM   #63
diabloNL
Gadget Force®
diabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with others

Quote:
Possibly. I might have "optimized" it away.
That's why you are the professional and I the hobbyist.
Old 09-05-2007, 06:40 PM   #64
Muskrat
Enthusiast
Muskrat began at the beginning.

Device: prs500
I don't think the history counter is working properly.
When it gets to over 100 pages all it shows is 1...
Is there a way to rectify this?
Muskrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 06:59 PM   #65
Nogg
Literate!
Nogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it is

That's probably because the text is overflowing the allotted width of the area. The best solution is probably to change the "total:" to something shorter. The width could be increased, but it'd overwrite the surrounding icons in an ugly way.
Advert
Old 09-05-2007, 08:32 PM   #66
Muskrat
Enthusiast

Quote:
That's probably because the text is overflowing the allotted width of the area. The best solution is probably to change the "total:" to something shorter. The width could be increased, but it'd overwrite the surrounding icons in an ugly way.
How do I do that?
Old 09-05-2007, 10:56 PM   #67
Nogg
Literate!

Since it's happening at 3 digits, it should probably be changed for everyone.

I'll put up a quick poll and see how people want it changed.
Old 09-06-2007, 12:16 AM   #68
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Do you get the "total NaN" bit?

If so, that just means you need to go into the About screen and reset the counter with Enter.

After you've done that, as long as you don't reflash or turn the reader to true OFF, it should retain the count.
Or plug it into an active USB port (one that turns the red light on the left on). Doing so also resets the counter.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 01:14 AM   #69
Nogg
Literate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Or plug it into an active USB port (one that turns the red light on the left on). Doing so also resets the counter.
Actually, with the latest update to the counter (persistence), the counter will NOT reset via USB. In fact, from what I've seen, even flashing new hacks won't reset it... though it only will remember the number from the last time you turned it off or suspended it.
Old 09-06-2007, 01:46 AM   #70
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I last flashed with your latest posted version 16 zip. Does that one have the latest code for the total page counter?

I just tested my Reader and the counter was at 4. Plugged it into the USB port and it's now at 2.

if you don't mind, I would appreciate a new 16.zip with the new page counter as it has all the hacks I want and it would be a lot simpler then having to figure out what options I need to specify to get what I have now witht he new (if it is new) total page count.
Old 09-06-2007, 01:56 AM   #71
Nogg
Literate!

The latest version of the zip file does not have the updates.

The main reason I made HackBuilder was so that we could retire the zip files. It's a pain to update them every time a hack changes.

I suggest strongly that you try it out.

If you don't want to, ask me again for the zip and I'll make one more version of 16. Just for you, Jon.
Old 09-06-2007, 02:01 AM   #72
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
The latest version of the zip file does not have the updates.

The main reason I made HackBuilder was so that we could retire the zip files. It's a pain to update them every time a hack changes.

I suggest strongly that you try it out.

If you don't want to, ask me again for the zip and I'll make one more version of 16. Just for you, Jon.
True that. I'll give hack builder a go and see how I get on. Thanks!
Old 09-06-2007, 02:11 AM   #73
Nogg
Literate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muskrat View Post
I don't think the history counter is working properly.
When it gets to over 100 pages all it shows is 1...
Is there a way to rectify this?
Muskrat, could you post an image of your reader showing the 3 digits overlapping? It's come to my attention that something may be specifically wrong with your system.
Old 09-06-2007, 09:35 AM   #74
Muskrat
Enthusiast

Quote:
Muskrat, could you post an image of your reader showing the 3 digits overlapping? It's come to my attention that something may be specifically wrong with your system.
I am not at my home computer ATM so I might have difficulty uploading but I have noticed that this only seems to happen when the total page number for a book is 1000 or over (therefore using an extra digit space). Let me know if you are unable to reproduce this and I'll upload an image of mine for you tomorrow...
Old 09-06-2007, 09:57 AM   #75
diabloNL
Gadget Force®

In the page_group the original settings are:

Code:
<kbookStatus skin="kbookPageStatus" left="0" right="0" height="30" bottom="0"/>
		<kbookIndicator skin="sizeIndicator" left="90" bottom="0" variable="BOOK_SIZE"/>
		<kbookIndicator skin="halfPageIndicator" left="120" height="30" bottom="0" variable="BOOK_HALF_PAGE"/>
		<kbookLabel left="180" right="180" height="30" bottom="0" align="center" variable="BOOK_INDEX_COUNT"/>
		<kbookLabel width="100" right="4" height="30" bottom="0" align="right" variable="SHD_TIME"/>
The adjusted for the total counter is:

Code:
<kbookStatus skin="kbookPageStatus" left="0" right="0" height="30" bottom="0"/>
		<kbookIndicator skin="sizeIndicator" left="90" bottom="0" variable="BOOK_SIZE"/>
		<kbookIndicator skin="halfPageIndicator" left="120" height="30" bottom="0" variable="BOOK_HALF_PAGE"/>
		<kbookLabel left="150" right="150" height="30" bottom="0" align="center" variable="BOOK_INDEX_COUNT"/>
		<kbookLabel width="100" right="4" height="30" bottom="0" align="right" variable="SHD_TIME"/>
So that gives the space to display the 4th digit.