Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-10-2013, 08:50 AM   #1
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
New slim paperwhite case on Ebay

Hope this has not been mentioned beore, but last year's slim PW case thread was a bit long.
For those of you looking for a new PW case...

I just ordered this case in pink for $8 on Ebay - don't ask me why- I already have one case too many.....

It looks better than the googleproducts case, because the leather grain is similar to the original case, but the closure sticks out a bit and may thus be in the way.

EDIT: OMG, somebody stop me!!
I just bought this case as well. They have maps on the cover, and are just too darn cheap.

One more - this one is the BEST in terms of color selection!! The colors are to die for... It's more expensive, but seems to be awesome quality and the inside is black!! I am now trying to cancel my first order - I really have a problem

Last edited by xendula; 09-10-2013 at 10:00 AM.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 09:05 AM   #2
elemenoP
Wizard
elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Sony 650
I just bit the bullet on this one! Looks great and it's a great price. I ordered it in purple; I really hope it's the eggplant color shown in the pictures and not a royal purple. I never had a case before (only a sleeve for putting it in my purse) so we'll see if I like reading in a case or not!

eP
elemenoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 09:15 AM   #3
kledor
dreamer
kledor knows what time it iskledor knows what time it iskledor knows what time it iskledor knows what time it iskledor knows what time it iskledor knows what time it iskledor knows what time it iskledor knows what time it iskledor knows what time it iskledor knows what time it iskledor knows what time it is

Device: Kindle PW
I was this close to ordering a TPU cover for my PW instead of the cover, but I might just wait to see how you guys like this one. I'll get a new one anyway, as my previous case's 'lip' that holds the Kindle chipped in 2 corners.
kledor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 10:08 AM   #4
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
One more - this one is the BEST in terms of price.
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 10:37 AM   #5
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
Quote:
Originally Posted by xendula View Post
I just bought this case as well. They have maps on the cover, and are just too darn cheap.

One more - this one is the BEST in terms of color selection!! The colors are to die for... It's more expensive, but seems to be awesome quality and the inside is black!! I am now trying to cancel my first order - I really have a problem
xendula STOP buying any more cases for your Kindle right now, or else!!

Does that work for you?

Of course, now that you've bought them, you'll need to tell us what you think of them when you get them so we can avoid following suit and ending up with numerous cases that we didn't really need in the first place.....
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 10:47 AM   #6
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
Quote:
Hope this has not been mentioned beore, but last year's slim PW case thread was a bit long.
For those of you looking for a new PW case...

I just ordered this case in pink for $8 on Ebay - don't ask me why- I already have one case too many.....

It looks better than the googleproducts case, because the leather grain is similar to the original case, but the closure sticks out a bit and may thus be in the way.

I am not crazy about your last one, his colors look superphotoshoped to me...
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 11:21 AM   #7
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
xendula - you have gadgetitis AND caseitis!
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 11:36 AM   #8
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I can't help myself, guys!!
Old 09-10-2013, 11:36 AM   #9
xendula
eBookworm

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceflor View Post
I am not crazy about your last one, his colors look superphotoshoped to me...
In the video, you can see the actual colors. They are so pretty!!
Old 09-10-2013, 11:57 AM   #10
Yolina
Wizard
Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage
At least my dislike of branding is coming handy for once and saving me some money I already have 3 (unbranded) covers for the PW anyway, I don't think I need anymore.

And Xendula: stop buying covers!!!!!
Yolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 12:02 PM   #11
Lyn2012
Addict
Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, iPhone 8, iPad Pro
Quote:
In the video, you can see the actual colors. They are so pretty!!
These covers look amazing - I wouldn't know which to order! I'm hoping that they will make the same range for the Kobo Aura though.
Lyn2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 12:15 PM   #12
xendula
eBookworm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyn2012 View Post
These covers look amazing - I wouldn't know which to order! I'm hoping that they will make the same range for the Kobo Aura though.
I checked, and there a some nice cases for the Glo, but I haven't seen any great ones for the Aura or Aura HD - there are some slim ones in nice colors, but I am not too crazy about the metal closure in the ones here.
Old 09-10-2013, 02:53 PM   #13
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
so I ended up ordering :

orange slim that looks exactly like the real one

lime slim one, and I ordered the purple too

and purple one from your last link

I'll keep the nicest purple and pass on the other one. I'll have only 2 PW but 3 covers. Bad bad aceflor. But bad bad bad xendula too
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 03:04 PM   #14
Lyn2012
Addict
Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, iPhone 8, iPad Pro
Quote:
I checked, and there a some nice cases for the Glo, but I haven't seen any great ones for the Aura or Aura HD - there are some slim ones in nice colors, but I am not too crazy about the metal closure in the ones here.
My sister has one of these on her Aura HD. It is OK but like you, I would prefer without the (visible) metal closure.
Lyn2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 04:32 PM   #15
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
The one with the magnetic tab is crappy, IMHO. With regard to cases, I like the latest Sony design the best: integrated into the back of the e-reader, with a magnet in the front of the reader.

The ones with the maps look nice Maybe i'll just get one for kicks. They look as if they are the same as the first version of the GoogleProduct case (the non-magnetic one), with a different print on it.

The last one has a tab again; so that's out. Anything with a tab, clasp, or metal part (such as the Kindle original case) already starts at a disadvantage, especially if the case itself has a part that sticks out.

IF I get a slim cover with a magnetic tab, then it'll be the one posted above, the one that's like a 1:1 copy of the original. It has a metal part, but at least nothing on the case itself sticks out.

Last edited by Katsunami; 09-10-2013 at 04:41 PM.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote