Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 08-24-2010, 03:29 AM   #1
thymaster
Zealot
thymaster is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.thymaster is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.thymaster is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.thymaster is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.thymaster is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.thymaster is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.thymaster is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.thymaster is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.thymaster is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.thymaster is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.thymaster is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.

Device: Kobo Aura Edition 2
Do You Read More or Less with an eReader?

I find that I'm reading 10 more hours per week. Anyone else?
thymaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 03:35 AM   #2
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Much more. For those of us with poor eyesight eReaders are the difference between reading, and really not.
carld is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-24-2010, 04:11 AM   #3
Ben Thornton
Guru
Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, iPad 2 (but not for e-books)
Much more, although it can go in fits and starts depending on what else I'm doing.
Ben Thornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 04:16 AM   #4
lord_blackfang
Enthusiast
lord_blackfang has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: PRS-600
Do you really expect someone to say they're reading less after buying a $100-$300 device to read on?

I find that since I got my Reader, I read as much as I did when I was a kid, before I was corrupted by the internet.
lord_blackfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 04:17 AM   #5
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650. Kobo Touch, Kindle Fire
I pretty much quit reading once I purchased my first ereader. I never liked reading all that much, but felt a lot of peer pressure to read. I used to keep a book with me, just to give the impression that I read, but my peers kept noticing that I was always reading the same book.

So I started purchasing different books and changing them every so often, so as to keep my peers from catching on that I hated reading. You can imagine how expensive that became! Sure I could have just went to libraries to check out books to pretend to read, but just the thought of all them books around gave me the creeps.

So buying an ebook reader was a great ruse. My peers could no longer tell that I just had one book on the device (The Wit and Wisdom of Richard M Nixon by Winston Churchill). Although the cost of the device (and the ones I purchased later to keep the "hey, I am a serious reader" impression) was a bit much, but not when compared to the expense of buying all them books I pretended to read.

So, guess I read about the same. Very little, thank god!
Donnageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-24-2010, 04:29 AM   #6
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
I'm reading on a daily basis now, that I don't have to hold up a book... With an ebook reader it doesn't matter how large a book you're reading... I would never have read 'The Count of Monte Christo' on paper..
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 05:44 AM   #7
shanghaichica
Guru
shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Scribe,Kindle Oasis 3, iPad Pro 11, iPhone 13 Pro Max,iPad mini 6, PW5
Much more. I'm reading everyday now. In the last few years I got really bad with reading and only read say 5 books in a year. In the first month I got my readr I read more books than I had in the last 2 years combined.

Last edited by shanghaichica; 08-24-2010 at 01:00 PM.
shanghaichica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 07:11 AM   #8
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
more. much much more. almost to the point where an intervention might be appropriate
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 07:44 AM   #9
hgwlackey
Zealot
hgwlackey knows what is on the back of the AURYN.hgwlackey knows what is on the back of the AURYN.hgwlackey knows what is on the back of the AURYN.hgwlackey knows what is on the back of the AURYN.hgwlackey knows what is on the back of the AURYN.hgwlackey knows what is on the back of the AURYN.hgwlackey knows what is on the back of the AURYN.hgwlackey knows what is on the back of the AURYN.hgwlackey knows what is on the back of the AURYN.hgwlackey knows what is on the back of the AURYN.hgwlackey knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Kindle Touch, HTC Thunderbolt
Much, much more! And much more on my iPad (6+ books a month) than I did on my Kindle 2 (2-3 books a month).
hgwlackey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 11:18 AM   #10
Crowl
Wizard
Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, PW Signature edition
The amount I was reading increased greatly when I got my ereader and although it has dropped a bit since then, it is still more than before. The main reasons are pretty simple things, having my next book ready and waiting means I will take a nearly finished book out with me whereas I wouldn't with a paper book and due to my tendency to lose bookmarks I can also read a couple of pages now and then when I wouldn't have time to do so with a paper book because I had lost my page.
Crowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 11:23 AM   #11
JeremyZ
Addict
JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST, Kindle 2, Samsung Galaxy Stellar phone
A lot more. The purchase of my K2 is what really got me back into reading fiction. I occasionally read non-fiction for fun, and read it all day at work on the (cursed) LCD.
JeremyZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 11:24 AM   #12
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Certainly a lot more, I carry the eReader with me pretty much everywhere, including my rather short commute to work.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 11:32 AM   #13
Quake1028
Guru
Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: See signature
Much more. From Jan-June I read 13 books total (well, Jan and Feb I read 13 books, then other things took my interest, so I didn't read at all in Mar, Apr, May or June). In July, the first month I had my Kindle, I read 13 books alone that month. And on pace for about 8 more this month after a slow start, that was not related to not having the drive to read, as it was during the Spring months.
Quake1028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 11:59 AM   #14
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
I read about the same as I did before.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 12:28 PM   #15
bevdeforges
Addict
bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma; Sony PRS600B; Sony 350; Sony T-2
Not only am I reading quite a bit more with my reader, but I also find I'm more aware of book reviews and recommendations - whether in magazines and newspapers, or here on MR. When I see a review of a book that looks interesting, I can now jump online to find out if it's available in e-format, and if it is, I stick it on my wishlists at a couple of e-booksellers to wait until the price comes down.
bevdeforges is offline   Reply With Quote