Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 03-30-2009, 04:44 AM   #1
gwynevans
Wizzard
gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2, iPhone 6s, Kindle Voyage & Kindle PaperWhite
Post "An Encounter in Atlanta" by Ed Howdershelt

Original post here
Quote:
Someone can zap it into Sony format and make it a free download here.
Thanks,
Ed
Ed Howdershelt - Abintra Press
Science Fiction & Semi-Fiction
http://www.AbintraPress.com
My Fictionwise Ratings: http://tinyurl.com/26v45
T-Shirts: http://abintrapress.netfirms.com/4boxes.htm
These are Calibre-converted from the LIT, rather than the RTF, as that's the source I had to hand.

[Edit] Added RTF format and updated the conversions using the RTF as the source, as the previous conversions (from the LIT) had lost some of the formatting (e.g. italics). (Previous downloads were lrf=24, epub=19.)

Last edited by gwynevans; 03-31-2009 at 06:13 AM.
gwynevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 12:37 PM   #2
gwynevans
Wizzard
gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2, iPhone 6s, Kindle Voyage & Kindle PaperWhite
Some images to compare how they look here - I did go on to get the chapter detection working in the EPUB conversion, (so I updated the file here, although not the screen capture images,) but not in the LRF conversion.
gwynevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-31-2009, 01:16 PM   #3
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
I'm doing the dance like the little panda icon
My co-workers already know about my inappropriateness, so don't worry.

I enjoy Ed Howshelt books so much! Thanks for posting it!
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 01:38 PM   #4
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Hi Gwynevans,
thanks very much for making these editions !

since you've made several different formats, it would be great if you would upload them directly in the ebooks upload section.

don't hesitate to ask for help if you're not sure how.

thank you !
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 03:54 PM   #5
TheLongshot
Groupie
TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Sony Reader
Cool. I've read the first book of "3rd World Productions" some time ago. I wouldn't mind reading more from him.
TheLongshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-31-2009, 03:57 PM   #6
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
"Anson" is good, and so is "4th Wish." 4th Wish is short and can be enjoyed in just a couple of hours. It's all sort of bawdy naughty fun.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 04:49 PM   #7
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
eBookwise .imp version

Ed, nice to see you here! Help yourself to any of the versions below.

Using the .rtf source above, I created, after considerable tweaking, these .imp offerings for the EBW1150 and REB1200 ebook readers. I also include a non-Sony (ETI) .epub to provide you with my modified source files.

Perhaps, lit2sb.exe on the original .lit would have faired better?

p.s. the calibre .epub version, once converted by the ETI software, had italics run-on errors which precluded me from using that version as my source.
Attached Files
File Type: imp An Encounter in Atlanta_rtf.imp (318.5 KB, 285 views)
File Type: imp An Encounter in Atlanta_rtf_1200.imp (293.9 KB, 280 views)
File Type: epub An Encounter in Atlanta_rtf_ETI.epub (178.1 KB, 294 views)

Last edited by nrapallo; 03-31-2009 at 05:17 PM. Reason: tweaked the EBW1150 font to be the "default" (larger) one
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
abintra press, ed howdershelt