Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-03-2012, 10:03 AM   #1
oj829
Groupie
oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo, Kobo Arc(32GB), Kobo Arc 7HD, Kobo Glo HD,NookHD
Mo' Glo, mo' problems. (New Glo won't sync down books to its library)

Okay, so my Glo so far seems to be okay - updated firmware twice out of the box, entirely over WiFi, so I never had to use the Kobo desktop software. Nice.

But... it won't sync down any books from my established account. The Kobo Android app does this, but no matter how many times I sign out, re-do my WiFi connection, etc. the sync process brings down 0 titles from my Kobo library of about 20.

(And the browser works, even. I can use the Glo's browser to go to the Kobo site and see the book titles which won't download.)

Frustrating. Had to put it down and go to bed.

Last edited by oj829; 11-03-2012 at 11:46 AM. Reason: Topic text too vague.
oj829 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 12:47 PM   #2
kobokobe
I am what I am
kobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfolded

Location: An enormous, polar bear infested igloo that we call north of the 49.
Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Touch
When you press the sync button, what does it say on the top status bar? Does the sync not start at all? Does it get to "sync complete" without downloading your books?

Last edited by kobokobe; 11-03-2012 at 12:49 PM.
kobokobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-03-2012, 02:00 PM   #3
oj829
Groupie
oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo, Kobo Arc(32GB), Kobo Arc 7HD, Kobo Glo HD,NookHD
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobokobe View Post
When you press the sync button, what does it say on the top status bar? Does the sync not start at all? Does it get to "sync complete" without downloading your books?
It begins the sync, tells me it's successfully syncing my Reading Life, then the dictionary, and then it spins its graphic wheel for a while, finally saying "Sync Complete". But no books.

I gave up and selected "Computer Setup", and the Kobo Desktop software, but the same kind of thing happens. When I go to sync,tThe progress bar shows in the lower left, "Reading Life" is being synced (or so I'm told), but then the process ends with the purple progress bar never having made the slow journey of downloading my 20 books (as slowly but surely happens on two different versions of the Android Reader app client on 2 different tabs).

Furthermore, while the Kobo Desktop software identifies the model, firmware, and email address of my tethered Glo, it shows a "n/a" for the "Last Added" field, and nothing for the "On" field (which I presume is a date).

Last edited by oj829; 11-03-2012 at 02:47 PM. Reason: specified that 2 different Android tabs sync no prob.
oj829 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 10:18 PM   #4
wrenn1
Addict
wrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchfork

Device: Kobo
I download books from my account to my desktop and then just add them using ADE or Calibre to avoid the desktop app.
wrenn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 05:08 PM   #5
EldRick
Evangelist
EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!

Device: Aura H2O (i86, M96C, Mini&Glo, PRS-950, STR, K-Touch, K-DX, K-3)
Quote:
Furthermore, while the Kobo Desktop software identifies the model, firmware, and email address of my tethered Glo, it shows a "n/a" for the "Last Added" field, and nothing for the "On" field (which I presume is a date).
You have to go through the setup procedure and tie the Glo to your account, or it won't sync with the app.
EldRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert