Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-24-2010, 08:13 PM   #1
KryptoNyte
Shepherd
KryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enough

Device: Nook Color, LG Optimus V
ADW.Launcher

So, Scion has pointed me to ADW.Launcher, and I've been using it for a few days now. It a very nice/easy way to manage your desktop space, widgets, etc, which is something that Android can't really do on its own.

Because the Nook Color has such a large screen, I felt like I didn't need to have (5) left-right scrollable screens, and while setting this up for my mom, I thought she might have a rough time with accidentally sliding off the main desktop screen, losing all her icons.

So when you get a chance, hit the small button on the tray (three horiz. lines with a circle around them, the one to the right of the big center arrow soft button), and then the Edit button. You should be able to slide right or left and add/remove the additional desktops.

Now, if we could just figure out how to get the custom keyboard keys to make noise ...
KryptoNyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 08:17 PM   #2
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Thanks Krypto, I never accessed that. Knew it was there..."Edit" but never clicked on it.

Were you the one who asked me how to remove the extra desktops and I was clueless?

Edit: I can add more desktops. I'm making full use of all five now. I plan to have a separate desktop with shortcuts to books/periodicals that I'm currently reading. SWEET.

Last edited by SCION; 12-24-2010 at 08:21 PM.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-24-2010, 08:20 PM   #3
KryptoNyte
Shepherd
KryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enough

Yep. I couldn't even find it with my second brain (Google). Stumbled over it just now actually.
Old 12-24-2010, 08:21 PM   #4
KryptoNyte
Shepherd

It also solved a minor problem of pressing icons that I wanted to place right on the edges of the main home screen.
Old 12-26-2010, 05:11 AM   #5
NoName
Zealot
NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0, HTC Evo LTE
does anyone know how to get back the square at the bottom of ADW that launches the black app pages? When I move things around I keep losing it and I got it back once by re-installing the app. But then I had to start all over trying to organize my desktops, and at this point I'd hate to lose the hours I've put into it.

Also, I don't know what it's called - shelf maybe - but where the square that I lost is - I was able to add the Market and Dolphin and once I was able to add other icons also. But it seems to be a hit or miss thing. Most of the time when I try to move something there it doesn't stick. And sooner or later I lose the app page launcher and it's impossible to add icons to the desktop then.

Am I missing something? I like a lot of what it can do, but I'm getting very frustrated. Tried looking for instructions, but no luck there.
NoName is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-26-2010, 05:54 AM   #6
debteb
Connoisseur
debteb doesn't litterdebteb doesn't litterdebteb doesn't litter

Device: NOOKcolor, EVO, HP Touchpad
Go to the UI settings and then Main Dock Style. You should be able to figure out, else let me know.
debteb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 06:19 AM   #7
NoName
Zealot
NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0, HTC Evo LTE
I found the UI settings for the main dock and was able to set it to 5, but i still can't figure out how to get back the icon to launch the app pages. Until i get that back, I can't put icons on the desktop.

Edit- I finally found it! Now I can go to sleep.

Last edited by NoName; 12-26-2010 at 06:27 AM.
NoName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 06:47 AM   #8
gtriever
Addict
gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Thanks, Krypto, good tip! Now, can somebody point me to the menu item to set the Default screen? I thought they were selectable, but can't find the option...
gtriever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 07:23 AM   #9
emt
Nameless Being

Zeam or ADW?

Can any of you who have tried both comment on pro's or con's - I'm currently using Zeam but it seems a bit laggy?
Old 12-26-2010, 09:07 AM   #10
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtriever View Post
Thanks, Krypto, good tip! Now, can somebody point me to the menu item to set the Default screen? I thought they were selectable, but can't find the option...
Do you mean set the default home screen? (AWD or Stock home screen)
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 09:47 AM   #11
gtriever
Addict
gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

No, ADW sort of 'hints' that you can set a Default screen. Maybe that's a "used-to-be" feature that was removed.
Old 12-29-2010, 01:18 AM   #12
DarkEnd
DarkEnd began at the beginning.

Device: DarkEnd
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtriever View Post
No, ADW sort of 'hints' that you can set a Default screen. Maybe that's a "used-to-be" feature that was removed.
Well, this thread was rather useless to me and my problem. However, your fix is on the 'edit' screen. Clicking the little yellow pin under one of the screens will set it as the default.
Cheers
DarkEnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 05:27 AM   #13
gtriever
Addict

Thank you! I knew there was a way.