Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 11-22-2010, 08:15 AM   #1
Kevin2960
YODA's Uglier Twin
Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-600 and 2 Kindle 3's - and now a K4 + HTC Desire HD
PC to Android Transfer ... NO USB ..... ???

Ok folks How Do I ...

Transfer eBooks (And other files) to my wife's HTC Desire HD

NO USB port, long story Don't ask !

Don't want to set up servers etc

Tried emailing epubs keep saying download failed ... even though it appears to have actually done so,

Also what is the greatest File Browser / File Management Tool that will let me work with and browse files on the SD card especially if i can use it when i finally have USB to move files between Android and PC

Can i use a tool to send via WiFi between Android and PC ?

Yeah I know asking lots ... I'm new at it ... and BRAINLESS too

Last edited by Kevin2960; 11-22-2010 at 08:17 AM.
Kevin2960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 08:40 AM   #2
Graham
Wizard
Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H20, Pixel 2, Samsung Chromebook Plus
You could try Dropbox. This lets you access a shared folder between your devices.

If you sign up using this link (it's free) we both get a bit of extra space.

http://www.dropbox.com/referrals/NTEwODcxNjgyOQ?src=7

You'll also need to install the Dropbox app on the Desire.

Graham
Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-22-2010, 09:04 AM   #3
SlowRain
Addict
SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: HTC 10, Asus Phonepad
Not only Dropbox (2GB), which is great, but SugarSync, which gives more storage (5GB). I wholeheartedly endorse Graham's Dropbox link above, which will give you and extra 250MB by clicking on it, and you could also click the SugarSync referral link in my signature, which will give you an extra 500MB (why settle for 2GB when you can have 7GB).

Both of these services allow syncing and transferring of files across PCs (home, work, friend's), laptops, netbooks, and smartphones. They're brilliant.

With SugarSync, you need to install the system manager on your PC to trigger the bonus storage space. You also need to go to the Android Market and install the app.
SlowRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 11:11 AM   #4
Kevin2960
YODA's Uglier Twin
Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham View Post
You could try Dropbox. This lets you access a shared folder between your devices.

If you sign up using this link (it's free) we both get a bit of extra space.

http://www.dropbox.com/referrals/NTEwODcxNjgyOQ?src=7

You'll also need to install the Dropbox app on the Desire.

Graham

Didn't think of that (Doh I'm so Dumb sometimes !) I have Dropbox on the PC Cant believe how stupid i can be
Old 11-22-2010, 11:14 AM   #5
Kevin2960
YODA's Uglier Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowRain View Post
Not only Dropbox (2GB), which is great, but SugarSync, which gives more storage (5GB). I wholeheartedly endorse Graham's Dropbox link above, which will give you and extra 250MB by clicking on it, and you could also click the SugarSync referral link in my signature, which will give you an extra 500MB (why settle for 2GB when you can have 7GB).

Both of these services allow syncing and transferring of files across PCs (home, work, friend's), laptops, netbooks, and smartphones. They're brilliant.

With SugarSync, you need to install the system manager on your PC to trigger the bonus storage space. You also need to go to the Android Market and install the app.
See I knew there was a good reason to be an MR member ... you can leave your brain at home ... other members WILL do the thinking for you ...

Thanks Again will also look at SugarSync
Advert
Old 11-22-2010, 11:16 AM   #6
suecsi
Rock Chick
suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Kindle 2i, Kindle DX, Kindle 3G
I don't knoiw about downloading etc. on the HTC but certainly Dropbox works really well alongside Calibre2OPDS for having a 'web site' with books on that can be downloaded over the web. It works with the Kindle 3 experimental browser so it might be worth trying with the HTC?
suecsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 11:16 AM   #7
Kevin2960
YODA's Uglier Twin

Part of the problem was getting the files seen on the Androids SD card, i Solved that, but any other suggestions very much welcomed !!!
Old 11-22-2010, 11:22 AM   #8
Kevin2960
YODA's Uglier Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by suecsi View Post
I don't knoiw about downloading etc. on the HTC but certainly Dropbox works really well alongside Calibre2OPDS for having a 'web site' with books on that can be downloaded over the web. It works with the Kindle 3 experimental browser so it might be worth trying with the HTC?

Thanks Suecsi

Again will look at that, trying to keep things simple ... as you can see i need simple, plus my dear wife who owns the phone is not all that literate in PC / Android stuff and likes it simple (Her words npt mine .. Honest ! )
Old 11-22-2010, 12:17 PM   #9
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Hey Kevin!!!
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 05:55 PM   #10
raiderkilo
Connoisseur
raiderkilo is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.raiderkilo is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.raiderkilo is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.raiderkilo is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.raiderkilo is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.raiderkilo is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.raiderkilo is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.raiderkilo is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.raiderkilo is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.raiderkilo is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.raiderkilo is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: PRS-350 "PRS+"
Dropbox is fully functionality.On Dropbox have I cca 500 epub
raiderkilo is offline   Reply With Quote