Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 01-20-2012, 03:14 PM   #301
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizwor View Post
This is SO wrong. But it reminds me of the Windows Journey...

DOS my 286, nfl challenge, kings quest, lotus 123, procomm
Windows 1.0 GUI Front End for windows -- task switcher
Windows 2.0 Word, Excel, Calc, Calendar, Notepad, Paint, Reversi
Windows 2.x Appletalk, 80286/80386 support
Windows 3.0 multimedia, DOS in a window, Program Manager
Windows 3.1 last version of windows to promise support for older programs
Windows 3.11 Windows for Workgroups (sharing at last), 32 bit os
Windows 95 EASY sharing and networking, Internet Explorer
Windows 98 USB support
Windows ME -- XP user interface on Win/98
Windows XP/Vista/7 we have all used, so...

My favorite version of Windows was Windows 95. Win95 made it easy to network computers just as they were becoming inexpensive enough that it was not rediculous to have two in the home. All of a sudden a couple kind of expensive network cards and a few feet of coaxial cable allowed for multiplayer Doom.
Ah the memories! My favorite was Win 98. I went kicking and screaming dragged into using ME which crashed constantly. I hated it then I got XP and was happy with it when I wasn't repairing it and now I have Vista which I will go kicking and screaming from again. Surprisingly Vista has been the most stable one for me.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 04:23 PM   #302
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
Windows 3.1 hands down because of the Microsoft Entertainment Pack. I have even chatted with the guy behind Chip's Challenge over the recent years and have his newest game for iOS. The newer version MAY be out for Android, which will be nice to play on a 7" screen.

I remember one time printing a WHOLE ream of that paper you used to stick on a dot matrix. Opened up Write, used Wingdings in the biggest font size ever, and clicked Print. Whoops.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 05:48 PM   #303
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Ah the memories! My favorite was Win 98. I went kicking and screaming dragged into using ME which crashed constantly. I hated it then I got XP and was happy with it when I wasn't repairing it and now I have Vista which I will go kicking and screaming from again. Surprisingly Vista has been the most stable one for me.
Yes that does bring back memories doesn't it. Makes ya feel old.

I didn't want to give up the 3.0 - 3.1 platform, then I got used to 95 and liked it.

ME affectionately dubbed the Mistake Edition.

I liked 98 too and XP. Not too fond of Vista.

Carol
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 05:51 PM   #304
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica Lares View Post
Windows 3.1 hands down because of the Microsoft Entertainment Pack. I have even chatted with the guy behind Chip's Challenge over the recent years and have his newest game for iOS. The newer version MAY be out for Android, which will be nice to play on a 7" screen.

I remember one time printing a WHOLE ream of that paper you used to stick on a dot matrix. Opened up Write, used Wingdings in the biggest font size ever, and clicked Print. Whoops.
I loved Cruel in WEP. I kept a folder with those games for a long time and transferred it to the newer platforms. I found a package for the Fire that has Cruel in it and now I'm happy.

Carol
Old 01-20-2012, 06:48 PM   #305
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadievan View Post
Yes that does bring back memories doesn't it. Makes ya feel old.

I didn't want to give up the 3.0 - 3.1 platform, then I got used to 95 and liked it.

ME affectionately dubbed the Mistake Edition.

I liked 98 too and XP. Not too fond of Vista.

Carol
I wasn't too fond of Vista either but It grew one me. It never crashes. I've never had to repair it and I can have open over a 100 windows and it doesn't even blink. I reboot maybe once a week when I remember to. Vista handles RAM beautifully! I am sure 7 is as nice but it's like if aint broke....
Old 01-20-2012, 08:02 PM   #306
foreverjuly
Crank Up The Awesome!
foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Nook, iPhone
I'm not sure if I've given a serious answer here. Probably an 8, and each update does something to bump it up. Glad to have the full screen now!
foreverjuly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 04:33 PM   #307
salsaguy
Addict
salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle Fire (1st Gen), Kindle Touch, KFHD 8.9 No Ads
i think were getting a BIT off topic in this thread which is supposed to be about the FIRE not your fond Pc memories.
salsaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 06:56 PM   #308
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by salsaguy View Post
i think were getting a BIT off topic in this thread which is supposed to be about the FIRE not your fond Pc memories.
MobileRead is known for topics going in another direction. It makes for more interesting read.
Old 01-24-2012, 05:58 AM   #309
Kevin2960
YODA's Uglier Twin
Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-600 and 2 Kindle 3's - and now a K4 + HTC Desire HD
Yes Win 95 was a great OS, perhaps the first to really make the " Consumer " market, and therefore to bring computing to the " Masses " on a scale previously unknown,

I have to admit I am a big fan of Win 7, most Win OS of recent years have been to bloated and certainly too buggy, but Win 7 like Win 95 before it makes using a computer both intuative and very very easy, Now Win 7 on a Fire ... Well maybe not

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizwor View Post
This is SO wrong. But it reminds me of the Windows Journey...

DOS my 286, nfl challenge, kings quest, lotus 123, procomm
Windows 1.0 GUI Front End for windows -- task switcher
Windows 2.0 Word, Excel, Calc, Calendar, Notepad, Paint, Reversi
Windows 2.x Appletalk, 80286/80386 support
Windows 3.0 multimedia, DOS in a window, Program Manager
Windows 3.1 last version of windows to promise support for older programs
Windows 3.11 Windows for Workgroups (sharing at last), 32 bit os
Windows 95 EASY sharing and networking, Internet Explorer
Windows 98 USB support
Windows ME -- XP user interface on Win/98
Windows XP/Vista/7 we have all used, so...

My favorite version of Windows was Windows 95. Win95 made it easy to network computers just as they were becoming inexpensive enough that it was not rediculous to have two in the home. All of a sudden a couple kind of expensive network cards and a few feet of coaxial cable allowed for multiplayer Doom.
Kevin2960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 04:38 PM   #310
sadievan
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
MobileRead is known for topics going in another direction. It makes for more interesting read.

Carol
Old 01-24-2012, 04:38 PM   #311
sadievan
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin2960 View Post
Yes Win 95 was a great OS, perhaps the first to really make the " Consumer " market, and therefore to bring computing to the " Masses " on a scale previously unknown,

I have to admit I am a big fan of Win 7, most Win OS of recent years have been to bloated and certainly too buggy, but Win 7 like Win 95 before it makes using a computer both intuative and very very easy, Now Win 7 on a Fire ... Well maybe not
I've been happy with Win 7 too.

Carol
Old 01-25-2012, 03:30 PM   #312
foreverjuly
Crank Up The Awesome!
foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Nook, iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadievan View Post
I've been happy with Win 7 too.

Carol
Agreed. Very clean. It's kind of nice to see this resurrection from Microsoft lately. The more companies cranking out great products the better it is for consumers.
foreverjuly is offline   Reply With Quote