Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-05-2010, 08:08 AM   #1
jupstin
Groupie
jupstin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jupstin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jupstin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jupstin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jupstin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jupstin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jupstin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jupstin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jupstin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jupstin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jupstin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2
THE HORROR!!! - My 600 shipping date has been "rescheduled"

I figured that you guys would be sympathetic to my plight. I was supposed to receive my new PRS-600 today. I have been obsessively checking UPS this week just on the off chance that it might get delivered early. (Believe it or not, this has happened to me before.) Unfortunately, instead I got a message saying that it won't be delivered until Monday.

So sad...This is not Sony's fault, of course, but since no one I know really cares, I had to share with some people who understand.
jupstin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 08:21 AM   #2
banjobama
Busy Read'n
banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux 5
Seems like any time I've used UPS in the past, something ALWAYS gets delayed somewhere and I get my stuff late. Sucks especially when it's over a weekend.
banjobama is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-05-2010, 11:04 AM   #3
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
Would have been nice to spend the weekend playing with your new Reader....and reading of course.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 12:10 PM   #4
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
There's nothing worse than a Monday delivery when you're waiting for a new toy.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 12:18 PM   #5
Xochipilli2012
Zealot
Xochipilli2012 began at the beginning.

Device: Red PRS-600, Slate Blue Astak EZReader Pocket Pro
But, look on the bright side: Monday's going to be a special day for you next week. How many people look forward to Mondays, hmmm?

Enjoy!
Xochipilli2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-05-2010, 12:49 PM   #6
jupstin
Groupie
jupstin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jupstin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jupstin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jupstin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jupstin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jupstin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jupstin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jupstin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jupstin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jupstin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jupstin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2
Thanks for the sympathy. I knew this was the right place to share my disappointment. I hadn't thought about the "looking forward to Monday" angle. But it's a mixed blessing. My Kindle will be gone on Saturday (selling on eBay,) and I have Monday off (I'm a state employee with mandatory furlough days.) I live in a rural area, so UPS will probably show up at around 5pm. That means no reader from Saturday until Monday evening. Oh well - I suppose I can always read a...gasp...pbook
jupstin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 01:14 PM   #7
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by jupstin View Post
...Oh well - I suppose I can always read a...gasp...pbook
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 01:22 PM   #8
rmm200
Groupie
rmm200 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rmm200 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rmm200 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rmm200 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rmm200 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-600
I was going to make a joke about your shipment being delayed for all the firmware and screen upgrades folks have requested - but that would be mean.

Just let me say I love my PRS-600, just as it is - and you will love yours too!

Robert
rmm200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 01:24 PM   #9
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I almost ripped UPS a new one once. Something I was waiting for was on schedule till the day it was supposed to be delivered. I checked the tracking number to see if it's out for delivery and there was some status I did not know what it meant. So I called and the person on the phone said it arrived at the depot too late to make it on the truck. That was a Friday so I'd have to wait till Monday to get it. I was going to call back a little later and ask for a supervisor and demand it be delivered that day. But the doorbell rang and the item was delivered.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 06:22 PM   #10
Kevin2960
YODA's Uglier Twin
Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-600 and 2 Kindle 3's - and now a K4 + HTC Desire HD
Boy I have sympathy ... I'm waiting on a replacement for my 600 ....I hate Waiting so Karma to yo !
Kevin2960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 11:33 PM   #11
banjobama
Busy Read'n
banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I almost ripped UPS a new one once. Something I was waiting for was on schedule till the day it was supposed to be delivered. I checked the tracking number to see if it's out for delivery and there was some status I did not know what it meant. So I called and the person on the phone said it arrived at the depot too late to make it on the truck. That was a Friday so I'd have to wait till Monday to get it. I was going to call back a little later and ask for a supervisor and demand it be delivered that day. But the doorbell rang and the item was delivered.
I had UPS tell me something similar once. They said I was welcome to drive out to the warehouse and pick it up myself.
banjobama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 11:36 PM   #12
woodworthjohnca
woodworthjohnca began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2 Global
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjobama View Post
I had UPS tell me something similar once. They said I was welcome to drive out to the warehouse and pick it up myself.
Yes. I've done this, too, at times. Maybe it is an option for the OP? Hope so 'cause this must be really frustrating.
woodworthjohnca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 01:08 PM   #13
conundrum
Enthusiast
conundrum began at the beginning.

Device: prs-600
hehe.. round here we call them "Oops."

I had a very expensive LCR analyser "posted" with a loud crash as it hit the floor even though it was supposed to be signed for 48 .. needless to say it didn't survive. Kudos to Peakelec for sending out a new one within a day though, great company to deal with
conundrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 01:31 PM   #14
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjobama View Post
All courier services provide that option, AFAIK - certainly they all do in the UK. It's very handy for me, since they generally try to deliver when I'm out at work, and my local FedEx and UPS depots are both about 5 minutes away from my house!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 01:57 PM   #15
nefferbea
nefferbea is faster than slow light.nefferbea is faster than slow light.nefferbea is faster than slow light.nefferbea is faster than slow light.nefferbea is faster than slow light.nefferbea is faster than slow light.nefferbea is faster than slow light.nefferbea is faster than slow light.nefferbea is faster than slow light.nefferbea is faster than slow light.nefferbea is faster than slow light.

Device: Sony PRS600, ipod touch, Sony 950
Oh, I feel your pain. Nothing worse than having the shipping delayed on something you've been waiting for. The board on my new washer went out last Sunday and we've been waiting on the delivery of it all week...we can't even schedule the repairman to come out until the part comes in. Frustrating. Not even to mention what shape the wet load of towels will be in when they can finally get the washer door opened. Not going to be pretty.
nefferbea is offline   Reply With Quote