Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 09-17-2009, 06:55 PM   #1
tselling
Addict
tselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enough

Device: NookColor (MiRage/CM7.2 & Moon+ Reader Pro)
Blue Pocket Pro finish already coming off

I just received my blue Pocket Pro a couple of days ago. On the right front lower edge the finish is already wearing/peeling. Started out that that edge felt rough but now has been coming off. Needless to say I am disappointed. Anyone else seeing this problem?

Assuming I just got a rare defective paint job, can it be exchanged? Or should I see about returning it for a refund?
tselling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 06:57 PM   #2
Chiron
Fantasy & SciFi Reader
Chiron has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Chiron has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Chiron has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Astak EZ Reader Pocket Pro
Any chance you can post a few pictures to see how is peeling off?
Chiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-17-2009, 06:58 PM   #3
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by tselling View Post
Assuming I just got a rare defective paint job, can it be exchanged? Or should I see about returning it for a refund?
Email support, but I'm sure they'd rather exchange it for you than refund. There has been at least one other post where someone has had this happen. Hope it's not a trend. Mine has a bubbled/mottled spot on the back that I'm watching.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 07:08 PM   #4
superstitious
Addict
superstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the rough

Device: K3 wifi
Just got mine about 30 mins ago. I have the same problem but nothing is coming off yet. I have a couple of rough spots that look like someone didnt dry the paint properly. There's also a little chip in the back. I just emailed Aztak and asked about the exchange. There're a whole bunch of what looks like fingerprint on the back also (this I noticed right after I took it out of the cover to inspect). I'll try taking pictures and show you guys what it look like.
superstitious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 07:13 PM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I thought the color was part of the plastic and not a paint job. Am I incorrect?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-17-2009, 07:16 PM   #6
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
You KNOW Astak stands behind their product.

Dear ALL:

As we rushed to be able to meet the demand to ship the Pocket PRO colours, sometimes paint can just not be perfect when packed.

You KNOW that Astak stands behind its product. We would be happy to exchange if any problem with the paint. Stop worrying and email: support@astak.com!! If an exchange is needed, please hold onto your SD card!! It will be impossible to keep track of everybody's SD cards.

Will we rush... yes, we will try to cut the exchange time down to an absolute minimum!

Last edited by Robertb; 09-17-2009 at 07:21 PM.
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 07:18 PM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

If you do have to send the PP back to be exchanged, remember to unauthorize it from ADE if you have authorized it.
Old 09-17-2009, 07:23 PM   #8
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Color Impregnated Resin

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I thought the color was part of the plastic and not a paint job. Am I incorrect?
Yes, the color is in the resin. But, to please Chinese Customs so the units could ship, a final coat was applied.
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 07:36 PM   #9
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertb View Post
Yes, the color is in the resin. But, to please Chinese Customs so the units could ship, a final coat was applied.
I don't get it.. since the unit's color is in the resin and therefore it doesn't need to be painted, why does Chinese Customs need it to be painted?
Old 09-17-2009, 07:42 PM   #10
Chiron
Fantasy & SciFi Reader
Chiron has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Chiron has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Chiron has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Astak EZ Reader Pocket Pro
Same as why UPS delivery guy require a sign to give you a parcel and just ring a bell and run back to his truck and go off
Chiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 07:44 PM   #11
frozennorth
Evangelist
frozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Onyx Boox RIP, Sony PRS-T1, Kobo Libra
Doesn't make sense to me either. I would love to know the reasoning Chinese Customs gave.

I guess this only affects the new colors as the black was shipped earlier.
frozennorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 07:58 PM   #12
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozennorth View Post
Doesn't make sense to me either. I would love to know the reasoning Chinese Customs gave.
Checking for lead content.
Old 09-17-2009, 08:03 PM   #13
CardTerp
CardTerp began at the beginning.

Device: EZReader PocketPro
Hello,

I'm a relatively new member to this website, but I'd like to echo the issues presented by the other users in this thread. I also received a Slate Blue Pocket Pro, and I have bubbles/creases on the front, along with the fingerprint-type effect on the back.

I just fired off an e-mail to Astak Support, and am awaiting a reply.
CardTerp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 08:30 PM   #14
frozennorth
Evangelist
frozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Onyx Boox RIP, Sony PRS-T1, Kobo Libra
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Checking for lead content.
I realize they want to check for lead. But can't they do that with a piece of the casing instead?
frozennorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 08:35 PM   #15
AnemicOak
Bookaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozennorth View Post
I realize they want to check for lead. But can't they do that with a piece of the casing instead?
No idea, that was the reason RobertB gave in another thread as I remember.