Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 09-20-2012, 05:38 AM   #1
JoHunt
I am what I am
JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad3, Voyage
Books on Board - 43% off sale - 20th September only

According to their email:

BooksOnBoard will be discounting ALL discount eligible eBooks 35% Plus 8% Back in Rewards for a net 43% OFF SALE good ONLY till Midnight (CST) tomorrow, September 20, 2012. Seventy percent of the eBooks on our site are eligible for this discount as well as all audio books. Don't miss out, this is a tonight and tomorrow only price promotion! No promo codes required, no limit on titles.

Edit: I'm quite impressed. I purchased 4 books which would cost around $30 on Amazon. The price on Books on Board totaled $18.50. Since my order was over $18, $2 was reduced from the price leaving a princely balance of $16.50 to be paid Plus I now have a credit of $2.24 for future purchases.

Last edited by JoHunt; 09-20-2012 at 08:11 AM.
JoHunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 09:01 AM   #2
hwlester
Wizard
hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1, Kindle Touch, misc. Android devices, Nook HD+
I never would have found Books on Board if it hadn't been for this forum and I'm loving their prices, sales, and support. I've bought mostly MP3 audio books, but I have bought a few epubs from them as well.
hwlester is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-20-2012, 12:01 PM   #3
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by joehunt View Post
According to their email:

BooksOnBoard will be discounting ALL discount eligible eBooks 35% Plus 8% Back in Rewards for a net 43% OFF SALE good ONLY till Midnight (CST) tomorrow, September 20, 2012. Seventy percent of the eBooks on our site are eligible for this discount as well as all audio books. Don't miss out, this is a tonight and tomorrow only price promotion! No promo codes required, no limit on titles.

Edit: I'm quite impressed. I purchased 4 books which would cost around $30 on Amazon. The price on Books on Board totaled $18.50. Since my order was over $18, $2 was reduced from the price leaving a princely balance of $16.50 to be paid Plus I now have a credit of $2.24 for future purchases.
By 'eligible' books you mean non-agency only? Is there an easy way to tell which books would be eligible for discounts? I haven't signed up for a BOB account yet so not sure how it works.
Blue2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 01:02 PM   #4
hwlester
Wizard
hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue2u View Post
By 'eligible' books you mean non-agency only? Is there an easy way to tell which books would be eligible for discounts? I haven't signed up for a BOB account yet so not sure how it works.
Yes, non-agency. They do something similar to what Kobo does: eligible books will have the list price crossed out and BoB's price above it. The book cover also will have a seal over it with the rewards dollars that title is worth. They were discounting HarperCollins titles last week, but there was no seal for the rewards dollars... it looks like they're adding the seals now for at least some of the titles.
Old 09-20-2012, 02:17 PM   #5
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
I can't get it take my card again!

This time I get
This transaction cannot be processed due to an invalid merchant configuration

They would get more of my business if they would stop having these problems.

Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Today it doesn't.

Good thing for Paypal. I wish they accepted credit card payments through PayPal like Kobo does.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-20-2012, 02:48 PM   #6
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova Air, Galaxy Note 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I can't get it take my card again!

This time I get
This transaction cannot be processed due to an invalid merchant configuration

They would get more of my business if they would stop having these problems.

Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Today it doesn't.

Good thing for Paypal. I wish they accepted credit card payments through PayPal like Kobo does.

Me too. Was working fine earlier. Processed 2 carts with no problems then got the error.
apesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 02:51 PM   #7
chilady1
I devour books!
chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air, Kindle 3/Kobo Aura HD, iPhone 6
This may be a stupid question - but how do you do a search at BoB to filter down to those books that are within this sale price? I always have a hard time with this on their site?

I might be missing something.
chilady1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 03:45 PM   #8
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by apesmom View Post
Me too. Was working fine earlier. Processed 2 carts with no problems then got the error.
Paypal is working but my Card isn't. I just got two books instead of what I had earlier in due no being able to use the card. Oh well their lost!
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 04:54 PM   #9
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I wish they accepted credit card payments through PayPal like Kobo does.
You should be able to use your CC through Google Checkout I'd think.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 04:58 PM   #10
hwlester
Wizard

Just got the following email from them:

Quote:
I hate when that happens! The codes not ready for the new credit card payment gateway so we're rewarding your patience with another day of HUGE discounts! 25% Off ALL discount eligible eBooks PLUS a 10% discount for using Google Checkout Plus an ADDITIONAL 8% Back in Rewards for a net 43% OFF SALE good till we get this credit card gateway issue resolved! Customers may also check out using Paypal Accounts, Gift Certificates and Rewards Dollars and also receive 25% Off plus 8% Rewards*

Thank you to all our customers for their patience while we make improvements to our checkout process
Old 09-20-2012, 05:04 PM   #11
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Ah - 10% off for Google Checkout. I wish I'd known that earlier!

But I still got a really good deal on six books from my wishlist. And, oddly enough, even without the 10% for google checkout, I found that they came to 43% cheaper than they would have been on Amazon!

Last edited by pdurrant; 09-20-2012 at 05:06 PM.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 05:08 PM   #12
hwlester
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Ah - 10% off for Google Checkout. I wish I'd known that earlier!
Contact support and ask if they can help you. I purchased an eBook yesterday afternoon just before they started this sale. They gave me some extra rewards when I told them about the situation and asked if they could help me out. I've definitely been impressed with their customer service.
Old 09-20-2012, 05:12 PM   #13
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by hwlester View Post
Contact support and ask if they can help you. I purchased an eBook yesterday afternoon just before they started this sale. They gave me some extra rewards when I told them about the situation and asked if they could help me out. I've definitely been impressed with their customer service.
Well, actually I'm happy enough with the price I paid that I won't bother them about an offer I didn't actually receive myself.

Especially as I'm now back in the UK after a brief 'visit' to Colorado last month to buy some Georgette Heyer ebooks....
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 06:00 PM   #14
dandelioncottage
Abibliophobe
dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 2 64 gb, Nook Glowlight, iPad 4 (128 gb)
Is it my imagination, or are the prices fluctuating a bit? I put a book on my wish list this morning that was $6.94; now it's $7-something.

Guess I should have done my shopping earlier in the morning!
dandelioncottage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 06:04 PM   #15
NightBird
Wizard
NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, KF, KF HD, iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by dandelioncottage View Post
Is it my imagination, or are the prices fluctuating a bit? I put a book on my wish list this morning that was $6.94; now it's $7-something.

Guess I should have done my shopping earlier in the morning!
I'm seeing the same thing. All the books on my wishlist were more than they were last night.
NightBird is offline   Reply With Quote