Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 01-04-2012, 03:11 PM   #1
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
PRS-T1:Problem deleting books and rescanning

I have a PRS-T1 (Christmas gift) and when I delete a book directly from reader it doesn't always delete it.
It shows a message asking if I want to delete the book as actual content won't be deleted. This happens about 60 % of the time. The rest of the time it just shows confirmation message.

The books that do not have content deleted are removed from the collection and the book list but the next time I connect to calibre Via USB they are back.

All books were added using send to device main memory.
All books are epub, collections are based on author_sort.
----------
The PRS-T1 worked fine for a week (except for the above) and then it rescanned the database and my sorting disappeared as well as the plugboard modifications to device_db. Connecting to calibre seemed to correct this, but upon ejecting and disconnecting twice, sorting and device_db was gone again. Third time I got lucky.

Now the PRS-T1 is sometimes rescanning 2-3 times an hour. Usually on opening but sometimes during reading.

I Am not blaming calibre, it works perfectly on the 350, 600 Sony and Webos
and android apps, just hoping for some insight from those more experienced with the PRS-T1.

Thanks
Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote