Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 12-22-2012, 06:10 PM   #286
auntykatkat
Evangelist
auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook/Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I had no idea that she had some of her blacklist available. I gave up on her books a long time ago after she went so exclusive. You had to jump through hoops to get one of her newer books. A few people never even got the book they paid for. She's a controversial author to say the least.
That she is. I have the originals, and I jumped though those hoops at first. I was still on her list and got an e-mail. Thought to share.

Auntykatkat
auntykatkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 03:45 AM   #287
Britomart
Guru
Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Opus, PC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lia Sebastian View Post
It's at regular price, though, not .99. I hope it will go down eventually, because I love this book and would enjoy an e-version of it.
Bargain prices for ebooks often go up again after only a day; this seems to be the case with Simple Jess. Sorry you missed it at the lower price!
Britomart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 08:29 AM   #288
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
Quote:
Originally Posted by auntykatkat View Post
Free today only at Amazon: Santa Reads Romance by Dara Joy

“A romance writer decides to take some time to seclude herself in a cabin, so she can finish up her latest masterpiece. But when a publisher dressed as Santa Claus ends up arriving during a snowstorm, she experiences something that she has only experienced through the characters in her novels,"

Ho, Ho, Ho!
Auntykatkat
Glad this book was free as I would only consider it to be average, maybe 3 out of five stars. The best comment that I can make is that Santa Reads Romance is a cute, short holiday read.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 10:04 AM   #289
auntykatkat
Evangelist
auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallMomof2 View Post
Glad this book was free as I would only consider it to be average, maybe 3 out of five stars. The best comment that I can make is that Santa Reads Romance is a cute, short holiday read.
True, but many of them are. They seem to be written for a short winter break. I feel that the authors are not given time, because the publishers want something to entice us to spend money on ourselves instead of our families. Some books truly have been written for Christmas that are great, but I am ok with the cute, short, and Free holiday reads.

Auntykatkat

P.S: Blossom, I had to know what you meant by whiplash in your Christmas time-travel. I also see what you meant. I feel that it is also a cute, short holiday read. I found myself wanting to quote Dorothy; "My, people come and go so quickly here." Sadly it was not free, but, ok just the same.
Old 12-23-2012, 03:33 PM   #290
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Repeat Freebies from Bell Bridge Books:

Just A Kiss Away by Jill Barnett
Genre: Historical Romance (Victorian)
Note: If you didn't get this back in February now's the chance!

On Thin Ice by Eve Gaddy
Loveswept Title (1997)

Free from Bell Bridge Books:

The Sleeping Night by Barbara Samuel
Genre: Historical Romance (1940's-1950's)

Forever Fall by Elizabeth Sinclair
Genre: Contemporary Romance

Eyewall by H.W. "Buzz" Bernard
Genre: Romantic Suspense
Note: What an odd pen name! This is a guy writer so keep that in mine. It says it's Romance but I remain skeptical about an HEA and Romance part till I read more reviews.

Last edited by Blossom; 12-23-2012 at 03:54 PM.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 04:21 PM   #291
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:

Auntykatkat

P.S: Blossom, I had to know what you meant by whiplash in your Christmas time-travel. I also see what you meant. I feel that it is also a cute, short holiday read. I found myself wanting to quote Dorothy; "My, people come and go so quickly here." Sadly it was not free, but, ok just the same.
I enjoyed it despite the whole people dropping in and out of time. The thing is I would of never suspected the author to write something like that. She mostly writes about babies, twins and triplets.

I've read three more Xmas HQs

Spoiler:
Wanted: Christmas Mommy by Judy Christenberry: I don't think there is a book by this author I don't like. I love it but I thought the misunderstanding was dragged out too long then swept under the rug way too fast but other than that it was a great Christmas story. The twins were so adorable.

Charlie's Angels by Cheryl St. John: A wonderful Holiday story. Also released as Stole Away Angel (Clean version) This is book two in the Iowa series. I didn't know this when I read it but seeing I loved Nick All Night I was thrilled to get an update on the couple in that book. Still it can be read as a Stand Alone just fine. There is no recap on the first book so unless you read it you would never know it existed. This Author can pull you into a story like no other. I love her older books!

Gift-Wrapped Baby by Renee Roszel: This was a fun read! I laughed as the poor bachelor scrambled to become a daddy with help from his bossy neighbor. It starts out on Christmas day and ends at New's Years.

I don't know if I will read any more now hubby's is off of work for the next few days but I had plan to read 12 Christmas books. I'm still looking for something to comparable to Christmas Cradle but so far nothing comes close for me.
Old 12-24-2012, 03:14 AM   #292
Britomart
Guru
Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Opus, PC
Free from Carina Press today only using coupon DANGEROUSFREE (as part of Harlequin's Christmas Countdown):

Dangerous Race by Dee J. Adams.

Quote:
Four years ago, race car driver Tracey Bradshaw almost died in a horrific crash. Now scarred inside and out, she's making a comeback, but her team is plagued by a series of "accidents".

When the team leader dies under mysterious circumstances, former driver Mac Reynolds takes charge. The pair clash as Trace resents his high-handed attempts to control her, while Mac fears Trace's recklessness will get her killed. Neither can throttle back the desire that spins out of control whenever they touch. Trace lets herself be seduced when Mac convinces her he finds her beautiful despite her scars, and she begins to hope for more. But Mac knows he's not nearly good enough for Trace...

Last edited by Britomart; 12-24-2012 at 03:24 AM.
Britomart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 10:00 AM   #293
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
Quote:
Originally Posted by Britomart View Post
Free from Carina Press today only using coupon DANGEROUSFREE (as part of Harlequin's Christmas Countdown):

Dangerous Race by Dee J. Adams.
Has anyone been able to pick this one up? I keep getting an error message when I try to check out
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 10:25 AM   #294
BelleZora
Wizard
BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loosheesh View Post
Has anyone been able to pick this one up? I keep getting an error message when I try to check out
I just picked it up with no problem. Thanks, Britomart!
BelleZora is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 10:31 AM   #295
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
Quote:
Originally Posted by BelleZora View Post
I just picked it up with no problem. Thanks, Britomart!
Hmm, strange. I sent them an email; hopefully, they'll respond before midnight
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 10:46 AM   #296
BelleZora
Wizard
BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kobo Libra 2
Free today from Amazon from Ellora's Cave: Reckless Heart by Madeline Baker, first published in print by Leisure, 1985. A western historical and first in the Reckless Series.
BelleZora is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 03:07 PM   #297
auntykatkat
Evangelist

Free at B&N and Amazon: Saving Hope by Margaret Daley

Everyone have a Merry Christmas. Thanks for the freebies and hope your holiday is filled with Peace and Joy.

Auntykatkat

Last edited by auntykatkat; 12-24-2012 at 03:08 PM. Reason: bad link
Old 12-24-2012, 03:15 PM   #298
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Everyone have a Merry Christmas. Thanks for the freebies and hope your holiday is filled with Peace and Joy.

Auntykatkat
Merry Christmas Kat!
Old 12-24-2012, 04:00 PM   #299
chilady1
I devour books!
chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air, Kindle 3/Kobo Aura HD, iPhone 6
Wishing everyone here at MR - Romance Thread:

Merry Christmas and a joyous New Year!
chilady1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 04:43 PM   #300
tinted_tictac
tinted_tictac began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo, Kobo Vox, Nexus 7
Hi all,

I have a cart full of books ready to checkout at BoB. Do they usually have a Boxing Day sale or should I go with the current 50% off going on right now?

Thanks and Happy Holidays!
tinted_tictac is offline   Reply With Quote