Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-02-2013, 08:59 PM   #25771
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
You might wake up some mornin'
To the sound of something moving past your window in the wind
And if you're quick enough to rise
You'll catch a fleeting glimpse of someone's fading shadow
Out on the new horizon
You may see the floating motion of a distant pair of wings
And if the sleep has left your ears
You might hear footsteps running through an open meadow

Don't be concerned, it will not harm you
It's only me pursuing somethin' I'm not sure of
Across my dreams with nets of wonder
I chase the bright elusive butterfly of love

( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWrRs0pwF7s )

Good morning, everyone! 30° at 07:50... Gonna be a scorcher today until the rains start. Thank goodness for ice tea! But first, a big mug of Unbranded Keemun tea. Maybe two of 'em! Heck... no 'maybe' about it! Then down to see the Food Lady for some Thai delights. Got a guy coming over this morning to look at my old guitar with an eye to buying it. He'll get a good deal... The asking price on the Internet for this model, used but in very good condition, is $475, but I'm only asking $350. I don't want it just sitting around in the closet. It's not fair to do that to a good guitar. I may even throw in a gig bag. I don't need two.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 08:38 PM   #25772
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Think of the fun one could have with this knowledge over in Stichawl's section of the world...

http://www.theverge.com/2013/8/3/458...-vulnerability
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-03-2013, 09:57 PM   #25773
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
A cool day today, a good day for starting some sausage. On the agenda, then, are batches of Kielbasa and Pepperoni -- those are smoked so they won't be finished until Monday -- and a batch of Minnesota style Bratwurst.

Another mug of Peet's English Breakfast tea.
Tonight, an Alexander Keith's IPA with the Bratwurst I made. Which came out very well indeed.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 11:08 PM   #25774
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Sweet Iced Tea, while waiting for the spare ribs to grill.
*trying hard not to eat dessert before dinner is cooked. *
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 12:24 AM   #25775
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The eastern world, it is exploding
Violence flarin', bullets loadin'
You're old enough to kill, but not for votin'
You don't believe in war, but what's that gun you're totin'
And even the Jordan River has bodies floatin'

But you tell me
Over and over and over again, my friend
Ah, you don't believe
We're on the eve
of destruction.

( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opB-spQKUhw )

They say something written that is timeless is a 'classic.' This song from 1965 written by P. F. Sloan and recorded by Barry McGuire is certainly as true today as it was 48 years ago... Unfortunately. I received a flash warning from the US Consulate here to be extra vigilante as there is a new and credible threat warning from Al Quaeda... What a world....

Good morning, everyone. I'm drinking my new English Breakfast tea and eating buttered multi-grain bread from a local bakery today as it's the Food Lady's day of rest. Not nearly as much fun as good Thai food, but delicious none the less. In Japan the only way I could get good bread was to bake it myself. Here in Thailand, the French influence from the Indo-China days is quite obvious, especially in the bakeries. I can get warm baguettes, fresh croissants, brioche, and all the goodies one would expect to find in a good French bakery. Makes for a pleasant Sunday morning! Especially beside a mug of really good tea!

Stitchawl
Advert
Old 08-04-2013, 02:58 PM   #25776
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Peet's Major Dickason's coffee first, and now Peet's Phoenix Mountain Oolong. Yum.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 03:26 PM   #25777
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Guinness - is good for you!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 03:44 PM   #25778
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
I'm finishing my morning coffee and delaying getting ready to go out to finish yard work. I pulled up some of my garden yesterday and need to get everything in the yard trash can for pickup tomorrow.

Then on to pulling the dead weeds that I sprayed last week and cutting back the suckers that are growing around my crepe myrtle trees. Yuck.

Maybe, just one more cup of coffee while I think about it.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 06:09 PM   #25779
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
cool clear well water. today was clean up day down on main street and then a hot dusty play date at the puppy park
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 10:37 PM   #25780
Stitchawl
Opsimath

You who are on the road
Must have a code that you can live by
And so become yourself
Because the past is just a good bye.

Teach your children well,
Their father's hell did slowly go by,
And feed them on your dreams
The one they picked, the one you'll know by.

Don't you ever ask them why, if they told you, you would cry,
So just look at them and sigh and know they love you.

( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyU0P6iqyw4 )

Good morning, everyone! The start of another great week! It's getting off to a wonderful beginning, with a mug of this new 'English Breakfast' tea! The more I drink it, the more I like it. It may well become my No.1 'go to' tea, over-taking my unbranded Keemun... And that's saying something! It's a shame it's expensive. On the other hand, it does stand up to at least two steepings, so in reality not so bad.

The Food Lady was out this morning, and up to her usual standards too. What a great way to begin the day! But I think I'm either going to have to start walking more or eating less. I think I'm putting on some weight. I guess it's going to have to be more walking. Her food is too good to cut back on!

Stitchawl
Old 08-05-2013, 02:30 AM   #25781
maianhvk
whimsical
maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: current: PPW 4. brick: K3 & Voyage.
Hello guys!

I've had a problem with my K3 (again, yes I know I'm not allowed to use electronic devices, but I can't help it) and I just posted it in the Kindle section. Thought I might come in to say hi as well.

So, hi I'm having water. At my own desk. In an office. Woo hoo I'm doing an internship!
maianhvk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 03:35 AM   #25782
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Welcome back, Anh! Good luck with your internship? What's the field?

Mid-afternoon Mago Lassi for me, then it's off to do more chores!

Stitchawl
Old 08-05-2013, 03:46 AM   #25783
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Hi, maianhvk!

Some partially thawed frozen peach slices in my cup. Low cal, healthy alternative to other potential midnight snacks.
cromag is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 06:22 AM   #25784
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
Originally Posted by VydorScope View Post
Think of the fun one could have with this knowledge over in Stichawl's section of the world...

http://www.theverge.com/2013/8/3/458...-vulnerability
I didn't notice this one before... Rather frightening, actually! Fun... but frightening. The first time I sat on of of these, the control panel intimidated me so badly I almost was afraid to let go! Here in Thailand they are much wiser... They just offer a hose with a small handle control (like an old style lawn sprayer,) beside each toilet. Easier to figure out!

Late afternoon mug of East India Company's "Assam" tea, before we plan our night's journey for dinner.

Stitchawl
Old 08-05-2013, 06:52 AM   #25785
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
I was wondering where you ran off to Ahn!

Yellow Tea in my cup and yogurt in my bowl.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
languages, tea enthusiasts, what is in your cup?