Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-13-2010, 12:40 PM   #1
upnseams
Enthusiast
upnseams began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Pro 11
Sony PRS600 to Kindle3

I am going to purchase a Kindle 3 as soon as one become available. I now have a Sony 600 touch. Can u tell me if there is a way to get my books from my sony to the kindle w/o having to go thru the computer to transfer them. Thanks
upnseams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 12:43 PM   #2
abookreader
Wizard
abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles - Keyboard, Fire, 2-US, iPhone, iPAD
Without going through a Computer?

No.

Chances are pretty good that the books you currently own are in ePub format - correct? The Kindle cannot read ePub files.

Where did you obtain the books you currently have for your Sony? If they are DRM locked, you will have to remove the DRM. Then you will need to convert the file from ePub to a format the Kindle can read, most likely .mobi or .azw

Calibre is an excellent tool for handling that.
abookreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-13-2010, 12:43 PM   #3
Tiersten
Guru
Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kindle 3G+WiFi
You can't transfer between a Sony reader and a Kindle without a computer to do the conversion.
Tiersten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 12:44 PM   #4
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
I am guessing that most of the books you have are EPUb and many are DRMed EPub. You are going to have to convert the non DRMed EPubs using something like Calibre and sideload the books using the USB cord. You will have to decide if you want to strip the DRM from the DRMed books. If you chose to do so, you will have to convert the stripped files to put them on your K3.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 04:58 PM   #5
upnseams
Enthusiast
upnseams began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Pro 11
my books r epub and lrf format both. I do have Calibre now on my computer. I was just wondering if u could hook the 2 devices together in order to move the books but I guess not.
upnseams is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert