Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 01-21-2010, 08:58 AM   #1
SmartyPants
Zealot
SmartyPants began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW
Which shops stock Pocket Pro?

Hi all!
i am totally new to mobile e-book readers market, but having done some research, i really like the Pocket Pro model.
The question is, which actual (not on-line) shops in US, and more specifically Hawaii, would stock it?
I am actually from Australia, but will be traveling to Hawaii shortly, and thought i might buy it there and thus save on shipping costs.

I will not be driving, so something in Waikiki itself, or maybe Ala Moana shopping centre? I know Ala Moana has Macy's, Radio Shack, Sam Goody, but no Fry's... so perhaps any luck with any of these?

any help is much appreciated!
SmartyPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 09:32 AM   #2
SmartyPants
Zealot

ok, having read a bit more on this forum, i can see that only Car Toys stock Pocket Pro, and i dont believe there is one in Hawaii..

in any case, i am quite happy to order online.
Just one more question for Astek representative here - when is the maroon colour coming back in stock??

thanks!
Advert
Old 01-21-2010, 11:09 AM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartyPants View Post
Hi all!
i am totally new to mobile e-book readers market, but having done some research, i really like the Pocket Pro model.
The question is, which actual (not on-line) shops in US, and more specifically Hawaii, would stock it?
I am actually from Australia, but will be traveling to Hawaii shortly, and thought i might buy it there and thus save on shipping costs.

I will not be driving, so something in Waikiki itself, or maybe Ala Moana shopping centre? I know Ala Moana has Macy's, Radio Shack, Sam Goody, but no Fry's... so perhaps any luck with any of these?

any help is much appreciated!
Welcome to the group.

Fry's only carries the larger (6") EZReader, so there is no loss, that they are not in Hawaii (the unit they have in display here is BENT ).
You have discovered the Brick and Mortar stores. The price Margin is not there for City stores with high overhead.
Note that the charger has US prongs and will need a simple blade adapter to use down under.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 03:14 PM   #4
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Maroon color out of stock

Quote:
ok, having read a bit more on this forum, i can see that only Car Toys stock Pocket Pro, and i dont believe there is one in Hawaii..

Just one more question for Astek representative here - when is the maroon colour coming back in stock??

thanks!
Dear SmartyPants:

WELCOME to the forum and the Pocket PRO. This is the first time we have been out of a color. The Maroon sold like crazy over the Christmas holidays.

It will be back in-stock likely the end of next week (about January 29, 2010)!!

You DID pick a good one and I did post how the Maroon we had at CES really wowed me.

All other colors are now in-stock; but the sea shipment is expected the end of next week and that will include Maroon!!

I really do THANK you for choosing the Pocket PRO. You made a wise choice and it will look lovely in that warm Hawaii sun!! Any chance you are willing to put MobileRead Forum members up at your place when they come to Hawaii? (just kidding)!!

Astak is in California, by the way, so shipping should be pretty quick!!

Please do not forget to read the FAQ sheet on www.theEZreader.com under "support" to learn all about your new purchase and PLEASE charge for at least 8 hours when you first recieve it!!

Otherwise, save me a few Hawaian beauties!!
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 03:58 PM   #5
Javed
Grand Sorcerer
Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO, iPod Touch, PRS-650
Aloha SmartyPants! Great to see you here at the forum!
I'm sure you will be very happy with the Pocket Pro.
If you decide to order online from Astak then the shipping is usually relatively quick.
Javed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-21-2010, 07:07 PM   #6
SmartyPants
Zealot

thanks for your replies guys!

Robert i am actually an aussie (and a girl ) and i am only going to Hawaii for holidays. I am a bit of a gadget geek and know how much cheaper all electronics are in US, so i am always on a lookout when i get there.
I have come across Pocket Pro on one of our forums, where people praise it very highly!
Unfortunately e-book reader market is not that big in Oz, so its nearly impossible to get anything in the shops, or whatever is there, is VERY pricey. So most people just order online.
Which is most likely what i will end up doing!
Old 02-04-2010, 07:12 PM   #7
SmartyPants
Zealot

well i have finally ordered a maroon PP and am awaiting its arrival anxiously!
Have started organising my e-book library already...

could some kind knowledgeable people direct me towards some discussion as to what e-book stores are good? I have already exhausted all the free ones (like project Guttenberg) and i guess i now have to move onto the commercial ones.

many thanks to my fellow ebook readers!
Old 02-04-2010, 07:32 PM   #8
Davimee
Happy Wife & Momma
Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Purple Astak Pocket Pro! :)
Quote:
well i have finally ordered a maroon PP and am awaiting its arrival anxiously!
Have started organising my e-book library already...

could some kind knowledgeable people direct me towards some discussion as to what e-book stores are good? I have already exhausted all the free ones (like project Guttenberg) and i guess i now have to move onto the commercial ones.

many thanks to my fellow ebook readers!
http://inkmesh.com/ is a great search engine for finding ebooks. I've been using that for a while now and you can find free books and pay books. It's helpful if there's something in particular you're looking for. And I'm sure others who have used the commercial sites can give you a hint as to which ones are good. So far I've just downloaded free books.
Davimee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 09:51 PM   #9
SmartyPants
Zealot

thanks Davimee!
great website, seems to be quite reasonably priced too.
Old 02-05-2010, 08:34 PM   #10
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Maroon in stock

Quote:

thanks!
Dear Smarty:

Sorry I missed this post by you. I do not miss many.

Yes, Car Toys is essentially the only "brick and mortar store" carrying the Pocket PRO. We are trying other places but the margin is SO low that it becomes impossible. They want 25% margin and that would price the Pocket PRO at $239-$249. It is a maddening problem.

BUT... we wanted the Pocket PRO to break $200 because people on this forum demanded it.

Welcome to our Astak Forum! IF you order before February 14 ends, you get a free Mighty Bright MiniFlex LED eBook Reader light in the box!
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote