Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 05-22-2012, 10:57 AM   #1
Boston
Fanatic
Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Aura H20, Pixel XL
$20 off Refurbished Kindle (non-touch)

http://local.amazon.com/boston

$49 after free voucher through Amazon
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 11:10 AM   #2
soondai
Guru
soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite
wow. Just barely won the willpower battle not buying a Sony on clearance at Target for 65 bucks.

Might well lose this fight.

Great deal.
soondai is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-22-2012, 11:53 AM   #3
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
If all you want to do is read novels (that's me), the K4 is an excellent value. I like it better than my Kindle Keyboard.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 12:58 PM   #4
RDaneel54
Aging Positronic Brain
RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Oasis; iPhone, iPad Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
If all you want to do is read novels (that's me), the K4 is an excellent value. I like it better than my Kindle Keyboard.
Ditto. Lighter and faster.

The K3 is a great backup though and the 3g came in handy on my vacation in Korea.
RDaneel54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 01:58 PM   #5
photon17
Enthusiast
photon17 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!photon17 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!photon17 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!photon17 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!photon17 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!photon17 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!photon17 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!photon17 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!photon17 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!photon17 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!photon17 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Too many
Great deal. Just added that to the collection...
photon17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-22-2012, 03:52 PM   #6
Wald07
Audiophile
Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexux7 2nd Gen & Kobo Touch
Wink Now, now, boys. Don't fight!

Ok. So I just ordered it.
Hope my Kobo doesn't get jealous!
I can love you BOTH!

Good to have a back-up, I think!
Wald07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 11:54 AM   #7
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova Air, Galaxy Note 10
Got one too. Love my GT 7.7 for reading but it's horrible in bright sunlight. This will fill that gap nicely. Hopefully a few good special offers will have it paying for itself in no time.
apesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 12:13 PM   #8
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by apesmom View Post
Hopefully a few good special offers will have it paying for itself in no time.
Those days are long gone. There hasn't been one special offer this month. The last one was on 30 Apr - "Get $3 off at Amazon Instant Video".

I starting to think they've given up on these offers. Right now, my Kindle has 14 ads/offers (incl 10 AmazonLocal) and none of them require KSO ownership to take advantage of them.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 12:18 PM   #9
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
There have been two "amazonlocal" offers that were ok (and Kindle or MP3 related), but most of those I don't even glance at. At least one of them was only on one of the three models I have, also, so even that is hit or miss.

On local "deal" is half-off coffee, but they want $21/lb in the first place (no, thanks anyway; can buy from Starbucks and grab a free drink at the same time for the same half price cost).
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 12:36 PM   #10
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Those days are long gone. There hasn't been one special offer this month. The last one was on 30 Apr - "Get $3 off at Amazon Instant Video".

I starting to think they've given up on these offers. Right now, my Kindle has 14 ads/offers (incl 10 AmazonLocal) and none of them require KSO ownership to take advantage of them.
The dry spell is probably my fault. I still have SOs turned on. If history is an indication, if I go home tonight and turn SOs off, there will be a good SO immediately....

By the way, is this Kindle deal gone already? I don't see it.

Last edited by ApK; 05-23-2012 at 12:39 PM.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 12:45 PM   #11
TheLongshot
Groupie
TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Sony Reader
The deal was for yesterday only.
TheLongshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 01:09 PM   #12
Wald07
Audiophile
Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexux7 2nd Gen & Kobo Touch
Whew! Glad I didn't hesitate!
Wald07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 02:15 PM   #13
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post
The dry spell is probably my fault. I still have SOs turned on. If history is an indication, if I go home tonight and turn SOs off, there will be a good SO immediately....

By the way, is this Kindle deal gone already? I don't see it.
One day only, as was the MP3 special on Norah Jones. It only showed up on my Touch, not on the other two models.

p.s. You need to use up some of our gifts at baenplanet (or set your preference to none); at least, I think it's your freehold I keep trying to send things to.
Old 05-23-2012, 02:49 PM   #14
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
p.s. You need to use up some of our gifts at baenplanet (or set your preference to none); at least, I think it's your freehold I keep trying to send things to.
You must have me confused with another handsome, charming fellow. I'm not in that game.

ApK
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 04:35 PM   #15
koland
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post
You must have me confused with another handsome, charming fellow. I'm not in that game.

ApK
Ahh,, I'll check it more closely, but 'twas another 3-letter acronym starting with an A (they are all hard to see on the phone or tablet I usually use).....

The dastardly imposter is ATK (hey, what's one little letter? it's only a middle one) and shall receive no more gifts from me! Not that I could send them, anyway, as his queue is full...