Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 06-13-2011, 09:01 PM   #1
kvald23
kvald23 began at the beginning.

Device: nook simple touch reader
Calibre New Nook

Hi, first time poster here. I've browsed the forums looking for an answer to this problem, but can't find one.

I recently purchased my first e-reader, a nook touch (or TSR as i think i've seen it written here). I downloaded calibre to organize my books on the device. I downloaded the metadata on calibre for all my books, but none of the covers will transfer over to my nook.

Its a cosmetic problem, but I would really like to be able to see the covers when i am thumbing through my library. Does anybody know how I can fix this? Thanks!
kvald23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 09:28 PM   #2
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by kvald23 View Post
Hi, first time poster here. I've browsed the forums looking for an answer to this problem, but can't find one.

I recently purchased my first e-reader, a nook touch (or TSR as i think i've seen it written here). I downloaded calibre to organize my books on the device. I downloaded the metadata on calibre for all my books, but none of the covers will transfer over to my nook.

Its a cosmetic problem, but I would really like to be able to see the covers when i am thumbing through my library. Does anybody know how I can fix this? Thanks!
Hi, and welcome to the forum.

Some people here convert books from EPUB to EPUB, that seems to solve the problem.

Myself, I update the EPUB file manually, the nook STR wants an entry in the manifest of the OPF named "cover" pointed to the cover image, like this:

Code:
<item id="cover" href="Images/510x680cover200021e0.jpg" media-type="image/jpeg"/>
I prefer to manually change because it guarantees no other changes to the file.

Last edited by afv011; 06-13-2011 at 09:29 PM. Reason: Typo
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-13-2011, 09:32 PM   #3
kvald23
kvald23 began at the beginning.

Device: nook simple touch reader
Thanks AFV!

I am not quite sure how to do this. I went to convert on the top of the screen and didn't see an EPUB to EPUB option or manual conversion. Once again, thanks for your help!
kvald23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 11:07 PM   #4
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by kvald23 View Post
Thanks AFV!

I am not quite sure how to do this. I went to convert on the top of the screen and didn't see an EPUB to EPUB option or manual conversion. Once again, thanks for your help!
On calibre, select the book you want to convert and click on the "Convert" icon (a book with 2 arrows). On the left you will see the original format (Input format: EPUB), and on the right you have the destination format (Output format: EPUB). Click OK and the conversion will take place.

I would recommend to make a copy of the original book first, as the conversion will overwrite the original book.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, nook